MotoGP » Ben Spies reveals tension with Yamaha

“I was told by somebody at Yamaha that if I'm not going to ride a hundred percent at Laguna, don't show up” - Ben Spies.

jugador407 - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:08 AM

When I saw Ben's engine blow, I couldn't believe it, I just thought that from all the years watching MotoGP I've never seen such bad things happen to an individual week in and week out. I honestly thought someone was deliberately doing this to him. I also wondered if this same person was messing with Rossi's settings when at Yamaha, since Lorenzo always seemed get better performance out of the yamaha. Hmmmm my feeling is that damn Lin Jarvis, never liked that guy. There should be some sort of investigation from FIM.

Choco - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:13 AM

On the other hand . . .

If Yamaha is somehow favoring Jorge and making things difficult for Ben, then Ben can easily return the favor. One low side by Ben while along side Jorge and Pedrosa and Honda are suddenly in the points lead with Casey breathing down his neck. Yamaha had better be nice to Ben Spies.

Vonich - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:17 AM

I have no doubt that the person spies is mention is Lin Jarvis. Take note... Spies is a good rider capable to fight for the win with the aliens. So there is no question on spies ability to ride a bike.To tell him if his not going to ride at 100% don't even bother to come on US GP? That is a low blow to anyone who risk their life everytime they ride their bike over 100mph. That is very unprofessional! I think Yamaha is pressuring Lin Jarvis and maybe his job is also on the edge. Because for the past 2 years he failed to attract a title sponsor for yamaha and getting Rossi back to the team is his best solution.

Tae Ka - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:26 AM

This $hit does exist and just can't believed it that it exist in yamaha. I am a yamaha owner my self and has been a yamaha fans long before rossi started racing. In as much riding yamaha bikes. I will not encourage anyone to buy yamaha bike until this ****3r Lin Jarvis is out of Yamaha.

Krusty The Klown - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:44 AM

Hard to believe this the same Yamaha that took out a full page ad in Cycle News to congragulate Nicky when he won the championship in 2006 on a Honda. I can't wait to hear how the Yamaha corporate PR hack spins this! I used to think was one of the best companies out there.

boo lin jarvis! - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:49 AM

Lin Jarvis - The man behind every sabotage there is at Yamaha, it happen with Toseland, Rossi, now its Spies..

I wonder if Rossi will ever get a podium next year. As long as that Green Goblin is there sabotage will definitely happen. Away with Jarvis!

Dario - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:53 AM

Would it be possible that spies has a contract clause similar to Dovi's where certain performance guarantees him a seat on the factory bike? If so, it's possible that Yamaha got wind that Rosai wasn't happy with Ducati and they wanted to get him back. If such a clause exists, the sabotaging spies is one way of ensuring he doesn't perform well enough. Highly conspiratorial, but between the bad blood, and the unending failures from Yamaha, you have to wonder.

After all, they got their golden boy back, and at a deep, deep discount.

roadking03 - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:54 AM

Cool Calm and Collective...good way to handle it Ben.
just be safe out there, you might need to look the bike over a bit before getting on it..Would love to see you come back on Suzuki, and smoke the Yamaha boys. Good Luck

vonich - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 3:55 AM

I been a yamaha fans regardless who is riding it. but for the first time i am hoping that honda will win this year championship. Weather it's Dani or Casey. Also hope that honda will swoops in and sign spies to ride for them as a insurance for them just incase Marques got hurt next year. I am still cheering Spies the rest of the season and blinding myself that he is riding a yamaha bike.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »