MotoGP » Capirossi back on track for multi-bike Brno test

"It's a great opportunity for me as I've been wanting to test the new 1000cc bikes for a while" - Loris Capirossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

The Truth That Matters - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:12 PM

In an interview on Panorama.it, Capirossi was asked if he would have vented like Rossi and what he thought about it, the former rider replied, “Probably I should have done it too, because last year I had problems with my Ducati, but he and I are different but this is probably my problem,” adding “No one can argue Valentino's talent. He's a champion and that's for sure and everyone should bear that in mind before judging him. He's won nine championship titles and before anyone talks they should win as much as he has. Better yet, everyone should keep their mouths shut. I think that he complained because being the rider that he is it isn't gratifying that he's fighting for positions at the back of the grid. I don't want to blame anyone, let's be clear on that, not Ducati nor Valentino, because I believe that that they are both working 120%, and that's the most important thing.

The Truth That Matters - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:13 PM

Also asked why Hayden has done better than Rossi on the same bike, Capirex said, “They're just numbers and they don't count now. Valentino was right behind him went he went off track, and when you go off track you need time to recover and there was no longer time to catch up, because when a bike isn't competitive you can't catch up. That said, I'm sure after this season Valentino will be ahead of all other Ducati riders. One race doesn't make the difference. Situations like these have happened to me too. I know how it works. Unfortunately, we live in a very difficult world. When you don't get results everyone starts to talk and make judgments. I believe that in Valentino's case it is envy. He has done so much for motorcycling and if someone can attack him now they are happy. I'm always on rider's side and will always defend him. He's a champion and has won a lot. He's having a difficult time, probably with a non-competitive bike. So guys, try to understand it.”

The Truth That Matters - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:13 PM

“Valentino is certainly giving his best . He gave a lot of important information to the team, who should follow him. As he said himself, Valentino is not an engineer, but has lots of experience and Ducati should try to follow what he says. A rider always has a lot to teach to a team. “

motogp - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:23 PM

what is all this crap about hayden beating rossi lol... rossi beat hayden on his debut season with the duc, while hayden was on his 3rd. and that was with rossi crashing out of almost every race in the 2nd half of the season trying to push the bike

it's funny how everyone on crash forgets the past, or rather they only started watching motogp this year... idiots

someone - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:44 PM

Oh and another thing, i find it incredibly funny that when Hayden beats Rossi in the same bike, "it's just numbers". Coherence anyone?
Posted by i remember

"That said, I'm sure after this season Valentino will be ahead of all other Ducati riders. One race doesn't make the difference."

even stoner beated by hayden in some race(s) on his last year in ducati but still "one race doesn't make the difference".

You are indeed a Stoner fan trying to slander Rossi fans.

and who cares anyway - Unregistered

August 23, 2012 12:59 PM

when Rossi turned up in motogp doohan had been winning more races than anyone else and was probably also on one of the best bikes, Valentino didnt have to beat him because he retired, he just had to keep beating the (demoralized) riders Doohan had been beating.

Since Stoner turned up he has been winning more races than anyone else, but he didnt have the advantage of the "current best" rider retiring, Rossi was still there but Stoner still managed to win more races than Rossi.

So what you will ask.....