MotoGP » Jonathan Rea gets Repsol Honda chance

“In case, as doctors anticipate, Casey Stoner is not able to re-join the Repsol Honda Team in time, then Jonathan Rea will replace him in Misano and Aragon”

troy45 - Unregistered

August 26, 2012 9:45 PM

I reckon he deserves it.

Of course it's a shame Stoners out but it's a fitting way for HRC to reward his loyalty and 8Hr win for them, especially when I'd say a RCV ride for next year is out of reach as there's already a bit of competition for the sole Gresini ride.

aranciarossa - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 2:03 AM

he's a total lunatic, see how he was going zig zag every lap at the end of the straight in moscow, which caused biaggi crash. at least there will be some excitement if he's in motogp, even Dovizioso may win a race with the lunatic rea crashing left and right...

mf - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 6:07 AM

God I hope he doesn't replace Casey for any races. This guy knocks people down in every race. He's a danger to all those on track with him.

What? - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 10:08 AM

He won't get the Gresini ride and this Stoner replacement ride is only to keep him on the Blade for another year cos he's proved over successive seasons that he's the only one who can ride it!

Giamcarlo Falappa - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 1:52 PM

This guy scares even me!Having said that,I think I have uncovered HRC's weakness?It appears that the tail must be wagging the dog in that shop?JR on CS's RCV?Seriously,I just hope that nobody else gets killed.Best of luck to JR fwiw.GF

TheProfessor521 - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 2:23 PM

Watch out MotoGP riders! Here comes Johnny!!!

I've followed world-level motorcycle racing, AMA racing and done some club-level racing and track days, etc, and I've never seen a more dangerous rider on ANY level. I am not sure if there is any stats on this, but I will bet the farm that Rea has punted more riders off the track, ran off the track and/or wrecked more often than ANY world-class rider over the past 4-5 years. He's dangerous and I am not sure why people don't call him on it!! I know the Brit racers don't because they are friends.

Yesterday's races are classic examples. He's not consistent or predictable and takes busch-league chances!! I am sure he'll take someone out during MotoGP if not himself! Rea = (Super Sic + Iannone) x 2

paceoff - Unregistered

August 27, 2012 2:40 PM

Just looked at bruno test timings. He's more than 4 secs off the pace.
Mind you if I was riding the bike belonging to a legend like Stoner I would be careful too.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »