MotoGP » Two months to MotoGP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

Fox44

September 08, 2012 9:10 AM

@Darryl Look up their respective GP careers and then comment as to who deserves it more.

I do however agree that Redding should be on a Motogp bike.

Poncheral and a number of other people in the GP paddock seem to think Smith is ready. It's only the "armchair team managers" on here who seem to have a gripe with him.

Lets see how he goes in his first season and then comment.

M1M - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 5:28 AM

I can't be bothered to read the previous posts on this thread as I'm sure there will be the same old stuff. I hope Smith doesn't bother either, but I wish him the best of luck and hope to see a lot of egg on the faces of his detractors next year.

Smokin - Unregistered

September 03, 2012 1:19 PM

Shakey wouldn't stand a chance against the Moto2 hotshots, including Bradley. BSB isn't the standard it once was. There is a big difference between a National class and the top International boys. Don't forget Bradley (and Scott) have been schooled and have both won at International level. Shakey did well in WSBK back in the wildcard days, and I'm a big fan of his riding, but let's not get carried away.

I'm still backing Herve as a spotter of talent, rather than listening to those who can't see beyond their armchairs.

oddyMob - Unregistered

September 02, 2012 8:57 PM

funny to see all these comments. Luckily most of these posters dont run teams, probably cant ride a bike properly and clearly dont watch (or understand racing).

Back in his repsol days VR said he is one to watch. yes he didnt do great in his final 125cc season (4th ffs says it all, with Terol, Pol and Marquez ahead), however the same posters also argue there is a spanish bias in the championship. When he finished 2nd the year before all the moto2 star riders where in the 125cc class.

It was even stated on this and other websites that many moto2 teams wanted him, but he stuck with Tech3 out of loyalty and fact it could lead to a motogp ride.

Clever thinking in my opinion, and would they (tech3) have made that agreement if they didnt think he could cut it. they dumped Mike De Meglio (former 125cc champ who is also French) so i am pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Now if only we could put half the t*ats on here on a motogp bike probably would end up seeing less comments.

RonM - Unregistered

September 02, 2012 1:18 PM

How about saving the criticisms until after he shows what he can or can not do on the machine (and I don't mean just after the first couple of races,afterall Cal didn't have a particularly good first season,but is now showing the justification invested in him)

Screechin' Weasel - Unregistered

September 02, 2012 6:36 AM

"Tech 3 gave me the chance to move to MotoGP in 2012 and it was an honour to be even considered at this stage of my career. The decision to stay in Moto2 was one of the hardest of my life but I believe that together, we can be fighting at the front from the start of next season and pushing to challenge for the Championship."

Bradley Smith, Sept 2011