MotoGP » Two months to MotoGP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

SAM - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 2:50 PM

On monday after the Valencia race Bradley will be closer to the top then Rea was at his 1st test in BRNO.

Although Rea will make things interesting he also might be taking the bike out of the fence too.

It's nice to see any British rider getting a chance I just wish there were more bikes to fill.

Nick636

August 28, 2012 3:00 PM

Yeah, I can't even say Smith and Stoner in the same breath... He RARELY makes the admittedly cr@p Mystral look good... Maybe I will be proved very wrong, I hope I am, but I think we'll see him back in moto2 before too long... I still think he's nowhere near as good a racer as Scott Redding.

PROVE ME WRONG!!! I will eat my words happily.

DB8

August 28, 2012 3:00 PM

@ hi - Fair enough, the year before he joined moto gp, he did great, but before that, he hadn't exactly set the world alight but its clear now that he deserved to always be in with a shout.

I just think its worth waiting to see how he gets on before judging him. I was also not having a pop at Stoner at all and don't want an overly defensive stoner fan boy running off to Wikipedia as its really really really boring now.

Voice of Reason - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 3:11 PM

In Moto2 this year Bradley has been riding the F1 equivilant of a Caterham. Yet he's regularly got points, he's 7th in the Championship. The bike hasn't changed much in 2 years where Suter Kalex etc have produced more than 1 completely new chassis. Most people when they have a duff bike change chassis, Redding - Suter to Kalex, people dropping Moriwaki. Smith has not had that option. Not all Moto2 bikes are the same so anyone saying he's not quick is not only ill-informed but ignorant as well.

Bruce - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 3:17 PM

I think you have to look at what package each rider has,then look at his results.The Tech 3 team run their own chassis which if you listen the teams with the top chassis have gain 1.5 secs on last year but Tech 3 have only gained 0.5 seconds and are two frame developments behind .
So you are only as good as the package allows.
When the Tech 3 were on customer bikes with Dunlops in motogp they were at the back of the grid,the change happened when they became a satalite team.
So Bradley is not really doing that bad .

Noriben - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 3:21 PM

It would be OK if there were about 16 or even more prototypes competing in the GP like the day when we still have more Hondas, Dukes and Kawas/Suzis, but the problem is we currently have 'only 8 real prototypes', and this kid with no achievement is gonna take one of that limited numbers....

This kid should keep in mind that if he isn't constantly finishing 4th or 5th and occasionally challenging for the podium next year, people will definitely continue to say 'It's a total waste of precious prototypes!!!' or 'Herve is a real fool to chose this kid!!!'. If he can't do that (I seriously doubt he can do it) he should leave before the season concludes ...

ducofhazzard - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 3:28 PM

espargaro should get this seat and ai should get the sattelite ducati seat so they give mm a battle. it will be like old times. but thats not gonna happen just wiseful thinking

khushy - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 3:33 PM

much as I like Bradley and cheer him on - he aint no MotoGP rider and thats for certain - he isnt even a great Moto3 rider really.

"For Sure" he is fairly fast - but he lacks that last % in terms of flair, creativity and BALLS.

Just look at his competition + where is he is the championship????

List the brits of the last decade . . . Cal, Toseland, McWilliams, Nori (oops), Byrne - they have all tried and failed - each is a good rider - but great, unfortunately, they aint!

Mind you, someone has o come last I suppose, but what a waste of money!!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »