MotoGP » Two months to MotoGP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Rukst3r

August 28, 2012 6:57 PM

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions on whether Bradley Smith deserves a MotoGP ride for 2013. However, there isn't a single person on here who would turn down an opportunity like this if they were in his shoes. Bradley Smith has proven his commitment to the Tech 3 Moto2 development project. Herve Poncheral is not a stupid guy and certainly wouldn't put his faith in Smith riding one his very expensive machines if he wasn't confident he can deliver some decent results for both the team and the sponsors. But ultimately only time will tell, so guys, lets not slate the guy for following his dreams and grasping an opportunity of a lifetime.

an4rew - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 7:05 PM

I remember in 125 he just didn't brake late enough, i think he finally started to get the hang of that then moved up to moto2 which was bad move imo.

Hes always been quite a big lad, the motogp bike would suit him.

The Yamaha is a good bike so he should do respectably, I do not believe Crutchlows talent is a million miles away from Bradleys.

Fredfox - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 7:26 PM

@CRT

I've got no idea, and to be frank neither do you.

If you were able to categorically state what he is or is not going to do next season, then, I wouldn't be wasting my time posting on here I'd be buying a lottery ticket.

If you actually read what I have written I have not at any point stated that he is or is not deserving of a premier class ride.

CRT - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 8:12 PM

@ What is indisputable is that Poncheral has signed him and whatever you, me or anybody else on this site says, that ain't going to change.
Posted by Fredfox

Of course, because of a signed contract that I'd bet my house on Herve wishes he could get out of.

I just find it odd that people complain about the likes of Hayden and others "taking the seat" of up and coming riders but support this move for BS.

He's a talented rider no doubt, but has not done one single thing to deserve a GP ride (other than signing his name to a contract). I do hope he proves me wrong, GP could use some additional competition at the front, but I highly doubt he will.

Bradfan - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 8:47 PM

Everybody was saying the same when he went up to Moto2, not good enough !!! he proved them wrong right from the first race, He has come up through the ranks learning all the time. I think he will do the same next year.He is not going to win races because the factory bike are going to do that. Give him the first half of the season to learn and then I think he will surprise Cal.Top 6 is what he will be after, then top 4 the year after.
The standard Of Moto2 this year is really high, the top 7 really deserve to go to MotoGP, if only there were more bikes.
Good luck Brad for next year.

Eggy - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 8:56 PM

He should stay in moto2, not because he doesn't deserve a shot at moto gp, but becuase moto2 is far better racing, why waste your time racing eight other bikes in the big class and get your ass whipped week after week, when he should be mixing it at the front of moto2 where talent seems to count more than machine/tyre compatability

King Clam - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 9:00 PM

A) Brad you are simply not ready for this!
B)
Andrea Dovioso- 125cc World Champion
Cal Crutchlow- World Supersport Champion
Ben Spies- World Superbike Champion
Colin Edwards- World Superbike Champion
James Toseland- World Superbike Champion
Olivier Jacque- 250cc world Champion.
Shinya Nakano- No world Championships But hey they don't call him Super Shinya for nothing.

My Point is that every other rider that has been on this team has earned that spot by either being a World Champion, or at the very least a contender. Pure and simple Herve would undo this decision if he could, but he is tied to it by the contract he signed! If I were Cal I would insist on a wall! And Cal will beat him like the Redheaded stepchild he is next year, no question!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »