MotoGP » Two months to MotoGP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

raafrebel - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 7:09 AM

I hope he goes well. If not he will be out in 12 months from now, and we will all forget about him 12 months from that.
At least he is forfilling a personal dream, I wish i could just have 5 laps on a motogp bike, let alone a full season.
Another Brit in Moto gp, thats good. better than the spanish cup. We just need a new Aussie in Moto GP as well
good luck, good on Tech 3 for giving him a go.
cant be any worse than Ellis.

Michael Damgaard

August 29, 2012 8:52 AM

What on earth is this guy doing in MotoGP. As if the series wasn't bad enough already with lack of talents and now with these boring CRT bikes. My guess is that the tests with Bradley Smith will reveal that he has no place in MotoGP.

sloppyfngz - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 9:30 AM

Wish brad all the best, but to compare him to Casey is simply ridiculous. Also, everybody bashes spanish riders for getting rides due to passport. Both Redding and Smith ot their good chances in spanish teams, and BS will get t moto gp with less results than anyone ever.

bikenutter

August 29, 2012 9:34 AM

crash.net forum users! Stop bitching and degrading motoGP riders! How do you think this is doing for Brads confidence, he's the only rider who writes a blog and we should be grateful. I don't doubt he reads some of these comments from time to time too. Don't judge the guy until he's spent 1 year on a MotoGP bike learning. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if he's got the seat he deserves it, there's no-one who doesn't deserve the seat they are given. To get it you have to prove to the team manager you are what they want!

fredfox - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 9:44 AM

@Sloppyfngz

Ok, I know he's a CRT rider and on what is arguably the worst bike on the grid, but Petruci didn't exactly have a GP pedigree before entering the premier class.

As a number pf posters here have said give BS a chance and if he doesn't cut it (that is still mixing it with the CRTs)after say half the season then make your comments.

fredfox - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 10:15 AM

@Lame Duck Shooter

Just repeat what I said earlier Poncheral signed him and there aint a thing you or I or anybody else can do about it.

As for mid pack in Moto 2 suggest you invest in some maths lessons - 31 starters at Brno, S finished 8th, not mid pack. Currently 7th in standings not mid pack either.

I am not a big S fan but give him a chance before slagging him off.

stan opinion - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 10:20 AM

I think since he was in 125 racing he has grown into a bit of a big lump. He will be better off in motogp with the extra power plus all his experience. I would expect him to be running similar times and races to his teamate.

Lame Duck shooter - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 11:05 AM

@ fredfox
I yet to hear any commentator support this decision.
Yes, last year he was making progress but this year????

Also, MotoGP needs riders UP-FRONT, we need more than two and yes, Rossi is getting a new ride but we have to see if he has the right stuff (which I hope he does)Young MM will crash more than most and Smith, well he cant even place in MotoGP so why bother with him.

IMHO he is moving up way too soon, if he proves me worng which I full faith he wont, then I'll come back here and stated it.

And those thinking he is another Casey, get over yourself, Smith is NO Casey

More clowns for the circus thats all he is

markyb69 - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 11:11 AM

The Smith-bashing drives me crazy on here, the team he's with now has decided he's good enough for MotoGP, and I think they are more 'in the know' about Brad's ability and how good the Tech 3 Moto2 bike is...

Also, he consistently beats his team-mates, as well as being consistant and quick. Redding is pretty evenly matched on a sorted Kalex - put them on the same bike and Brad will p*ss all over him (what was Scott's highest 125cc championship position again?!)

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »