MotoGP » Texas to be included on 2013 MotoGP calendar?

Dorna in negotiations with the Circuit of the Americas about a MotoGP race in 2013

AdamR46

August 31, 2012 2:01 PM

I spoke with Kevin Schwantz at the Indy race a couple weekends ago, when I asked him about this, He told me it was happening "for sure." Just wondering what part of the year it's going to happen.

borat - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 2:25 PM

I'd not only drop Indy, I'd knock Laguna Seca on the head too. The Corkscrew aside, it's a tedious track that has produced one decent race in the last god knows how many years. Get rid and let's try somewhere else in the US. While we're at it, drop a Spanish round and go to Portimao, that'll get the blood pumping, a great circuit that the riders love.

GoForIt - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 2:28 PM

Agree with previous poster. I'm also 'Merican and feel Indy is a joke.

I must wonder, if Texas gets on the calendar, will there be a Texan racing, , , , , ??????

Instead of dumb engine/bike rules, a simple rule would be "NO MORE THAN 2 RACES IN ANY GIVEN COUNTRY".

If only Barber had done it right,,,,,,,,

Nick - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 2:43 PM

Looking at the picture of this track, even though it's not finished, it beats Indy hands down because it's at least got a hill for a bit of interest.

Ian S - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 2:43 PM

I understand the concerns about this being another Tilke track but I have to say that this may be his best one yet. As I watch the circuit take shape virtually on my doorstep, the track is looking pretty fearsome. Turn 1 in particular looks like being a classic. The photo doesn't do justice to how steep the climb is and how many elevation changes there are. I think this place will be a perfect venue for MotoGP and maybe, with a bit of luck, the WSBK championship too.

Md Zane - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 2:54 PM

Motorcycle racing on car/F1 tracks makes for very boring racing,I think they should go to tight twisting tracks with elevation changes.Get the bikes unsettled get the bikes from one side wall of the tyre to the other,give us wheelies,Km long straights are for drag racers.

Jabba - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 3:07 PM

I still think one race per country is enough! I don't understand why they don't go to Road America, I have never been there, but on telly it looks like a proper race track.

BTW, Pizdoff mentioned that they should cancel Indy before somebody gets killed, if memory serves me correctly, I'm sure that a young American rider got killed in one of the support races a few years back?

We need a race in SA, but I cannot see that ever happening again, even Kyalami is going to ruin.

Agent55

August 31, 2012 3:09 PM

Agree with others, Indy should go. It was a great moment when GP bikes ran there... but then the track turned out to be utter garbage. Laguna is a great fixture in the series, brings something truly unique to the calendar. Austin sounds like a much better choice than Indy, as long is it's a proper circuit with everything that entails.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »