MotoGP » Texas to be included on 2013 MotoGP calendar?

Dorna in negotiations with the Circuit of the Americas about a MotoGP race in 2013

infamous

August 31, 2012 3:58 PM

Indy is really not a proper GP track even with the most seating and best facilities in the world. Laguna and Texas would be ideal even though they are very close together.

I wish they'd revamp Daytona International Speedway, we have Bike Week and Biketoberfest (one in Feb, one in Oct) that brings over 500000 people and 200000 people and it would be a perfect venue for a race with so many motorcyclists.

Alas the track needs a LOT of work to be up to snuff.

HerbenCowboy - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 4:04 PM

I think the consensus agrees that Indy needs to go. I'm also not a fan of circuits where the bike stays in 2nd gear through over half the track, i.e. Jerez, Laguna Seca, Valencia...I know those track have history and draw a huge crowd, but I believe the MotoGP bikes are out growing them quickly if not already. San Marino should be should be ran counter clockwise... I think Austin will be a great addition to the calendar. It's reminding me a bit of Mugello. Let's just hope they schedule it during the cooler time of the year.

RSMick

August 31, 2012 4:31 PM

Somebody mentioned Portimoa, that will probably be waste land in a couple of years, never made any money from day one.
Agree with everyone here Indy should go, if the opinion is Spain should not have multi GP's then neither should the USA.

AvTech37 - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 5:08 PM

One MotoGP in the USA is plenty. Few people know anything about the sport there. Go where the enthusisats are! Oops I forgot, the grass roots race fans don't count for zip anymore. It's the TV rights holders and the big bucks that count.....same as in any multi-national business. Sport, what sport?

aeolus

August 31, 2012 5:13 PM

Are MotoGP riders such pussies they have to have perfect conditions? I hope not but if the consensus is the number of posters here, I am not going to worry about it. Texas will be hot beyond belief and if the series seems like a Spanish National one, I don't think that the gate will be much. The heavy Mexican population is further south. Maybe move the race to San Antonio and have it in January:-)

bliz - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 5:15 PM

I LOVE Laguna Seca and would be sad to see it dropped. If the US can't support three races--and I think that's pushing it--I hope it's Indianpolis that is handed it's walking papers.

king george - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 5:30 PM

the indy race is rubbish along with the circuit. would not be on the calendar if it wasn't in the USA. But all the grovelling ensures it is.
F1 had the guts to tell the to eff off.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »