MotoGP » Texas to be included on 2013 MotoGP calendar?

Dorna in negotiations with the Circuit of the Americas about a MotoGP race in 2013

mrfill

August 31, 2012 7:21 PM

@sam

The San Marino GP is sponsored by the state of San Marino but is held in Italy - Misano for bikes and Imola for F1 (as was).
This has always been the case and I believe that motor racing is, in fact, illegal in San Marino (as it was in Switzerland up to 2007). They certainly dont have any race tracks in SM itself.

shamarone

August 31, 2012 7:37 PM

re: "Well reading some of these comments on here has me a little confused. Who cares how many GP's some countries get"

dysfunctional haters.

re: "Also wondering why some people on this site can't just enjoy the racing and the amazing talents and toughness these guys have."

see answer given above.

Sam - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 8:38 PM

@ mrfill

But that doesn't alter the fact that Italy and San Marino are two distinct countries. Venues like San marino, Spa, Monza...etc are irreplaceable. and at the same time its not fair to have a country with 4 races per season.

lennyzrx - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 9:54 PM

sadly. Indy..... as far as tracks go is a dump...for gp.

it makes for a great weekend for fans, party time ect........ not so much if your a rider.

and yes Indy is my closest gp! I'min ohio!

Wouldn know the truth if it bit them in the ar.... - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 10:25 PM

I was wondering why there were a couple of unusually sharp digs about Crash Net censors deleting posts.

Then I started checking for a couple of posts which I'm pretty sure were on this thread early this afternoon ... One said something like 'Indy needs sorting before someone's injured' the other was a reply, measured but firm to the effect 'There's already been no end of injuries. It needs closing before someone's killed. Just hope they hold Dorna and Red Bull to account if that happens. But they probably won't be'.

I can't see either post now.

Which makes me wonder what kind of hyper-sensitive school kids they're trusting to manage the site. Makes me think its either someone with very little experience of life or someone with a lot of tech savvy and very little insight into other people.
EDIT by CRASH.NET:
FYI: No posts have been removed from this topic that were about the topic. Only insults to the moderators.

Goforit - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 10:28 PM

I think some of the misunderstanding is travel distance and methods to view a race. If you look at Europe and the United States, there is little difference land wise, yet Europe gets 85% of the races. Even in the US, fans must travel DAYS, not hours, to go to a race. My guess is that is causing some of the angst on this issue.

The flight from NYC to Laguna is about the same as going to Europe. NYC to Austin will still be a 5 or 6 hour flight. NY to Laguna is about 3000 miles (5000 km).

Just trying to put perspective on this.

I traveled 12 hours to get from NY to Ohio for a cycle race some years ago. Take a look at a map, it doesn't look that far

budro - Unregistered

August 31, 2012 11:18 PM

I live in Austin and this is a dream come true. I don't think that I'll be attending the F1 race. Not worth the money. I am hoping that the MotoGP tickets will be cheaper but if not I'll still go.
They better not schedule it any time between June and September though. I know these GP guys are tough but the high heat and humidity can be rough over here. It would be like another Malaysia.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »