MotoGP » Ben Spies 'optimistic' after Aragon test

"We were mainly fine-tuning the bike and the results seem good. I'm positive for the rest of the year" - Ben Spies.

Your a tit - Unregistered

September 07, 2012 2:21 AM

@Areola (perfect name for you btw)

"It would be terrific to see Ben beat Nicky"

Why? Because you don't like Hayden? Seems like a petty thing to say.

Lets just hope Nicky, Dovi, and Ben can get the bike going in the right direction for the sake of good racing. All three are EXTREMELY similar in overall potential, with different strengths and weaknesses.

1motion

September 07, 2012 5:24 AM

you are all wrong... i just heard from a reliable source that Ben will be racing pod racers on tatooine with GE power and NASA sponsorship... thats right you heard it here first folks

Mr Bojangles - Unregistered

September 07, 2012 9:24 AM

I guess Ben understands something we all do not. Moving from the most competitive bike and brand, to the least competitive brand on the B squad. Say goodbye to any resemblance of a title shot in MotoGP Ben.

aeolus

September 07, 2012 10:30 AM

@Your a tit: Freudian slip, old man? It's Aeolus not areloa. And while I'm at it: You'r is I think what you intended. And I have nothing against Nicky except he has been a fixture too long in the series. Like Colin. Time to make way for new faces, tho' I fear their won't be any American among them.

jonny R1 - Unregistered

September 07, 2012 3:28 PM

Cameron Beaubier,where you at?....The only maybe next American hope I see other than Ben....But I totally respect all these riders....Doing what you love to do and making a living at it is more than most can say...So stop bashing these guys,don't be jealous .... I know I am.
Chears!

Wheelgarage - Unregistered

September 07, 2012 5:26 PM

Do you recall Cam's time spent on the RedBull squad...lets just say, it was NOT all that peachy. Cam need more time to hone his skill on 4-stroke bikes. But definitely a future contender...wonder if Cam read this article and the comments...let me forward it to him.

Another local hopeful is going to Europe for the last few 125cc British National Championship rounds...Anthony Alonzo. Another very young local kid who is another hopeful, whom I wish luck.

And to Ben situation...we will find out soon enough. I know that Mary will definitely make sure the right decision is made. I just hope SHE will be calm and collective moving forward. We don't want any bombshells going off in the paddock again. Seeing Ben race from mini-bikes to GP....he will do fine in his future. In this sport thou, you need a full team effort from the Manufacturer to the Management to the Mechanics to the rider to win a championship....we've all seen it, it just needs to happen for him.

Wheelgarage - Unregistered

September 07, 2012 5:35 PM

From SuperbikePlanet.com

Italian Media: Spies-Iannone 'Done Deal' at Ducati
by staff
Thursday, September 06, 2012

Italian media reported Wednesday that the signing of American MotoGP standout Ben Spies and Italian Moto2 winner Andrea Iannone as the riders for the new Ducati junior team in 2013 is a "done deal."

Spies hinted to the same Italian media Tuesday that he would have more information to announce about 2013 later this week.

The pairing would pair two of the better nicknames in the MotoGP paddock in the same garage: "Elbowz" Spies and "Crazy Joe" Iannone.

1motion

September 07, 2012 7:49 PM

bmw done deal... gressini done deal... suzuki with shwantz done deal... suzuki superbike done deal

done deal done deal done deal....

Gzus you guys sure know a lot lol.... what happened to the surefire BMW thing you guys were all over hahahaha

when Ben says where he is going thats when ill believe someone.... I think he is having a blast ******* with all the speculators
i know im having a giggle watching you a$$ hats

« 2 3 4 5 6 7  »