MotoGP » Ivan Silva loses Avintia MotoGP seat

David Salom moves from WSBK to take the MotoGP race seat of Ivan Silva at Avintia Blusens

RocketR1

September 06, 2012 1:30 PM

What a joke this CRT gig is starting to look like..instead of getting better its getting worse.Stoner was correct when he said some guys on the Grid don't deserve to be there!! This is supposed to be the pinacle of motorcycle racing..WSBK and Dorna are making MotoGP look very Bad.

Boo - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 1:32 PM

Do you commentators even watch WSBK?

He's had a lot of injury problems this season and hasn't gotten the best out of the bike, but Pedercini (save for Grillini) are definitely the least funded team on the grid yet he's broken into the mid-field a few times this year. Was top ten last time out in Russia.

Also a runner-up at WSS level to Chaz Davies and ahead of Foret and Parkes. He won't set the world alight, but I'm not sure where the crasher rep has come from - he finished every single WSS race last year.

Nick636

September 06, 2012 2:01 PM

Boo

I get what you're saying, and we have been harsh on him, but Pedercini were ALLEGEDLY offered some level of factory support and turned it down. Also doesn't change that they were closer last year. I like Salom, but I DON'T Think he is good enough for MotoGP.

shamarone

September 06, 2012 2:18 PM

actually this is neither a demotion nor a promotion. it's a friggin' wobblin' CRT...!!! you can put stoner on the thing with rossi sittin 'cross the handlebars and it won't make a damn bit of difference to how it goes.

Boo - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 2:27 PM

Nick636, I agree it probably is a big step, but comments like 'expect David Salom to crash into everyone at the first corner' and 'The only time he was ever on tv was when he crashed, which he did with some regularity', seem a bit off... Just makes me think it's MotoGP fans basing opinion on 1 or 2 WSBK races they may have seen.

Yes, there could be someone more decorated on the bike, but as shamarone has pointed out, it's a CRT, I don't imagine there are many ex-champions and race winners knocking on the door to ride one.

He won't set the world on fire, but I think he has achieved more than Silva on the world stage.

danny powell - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 2:39 PM

rocket r1 totally agree with ya lad.just like to say have you got a r1 and can you ride bikes.i have got a yamaha r125 and fell of on a roundabount yesterday minimun speed 45 mph without leather and **** me it hurt my hips feel very bruses and i have got burns on my knees shoulders and elbows.first time i have came of a bike and i have to say that has knocked my confendense from going fast round the bendes but thats what i get a thrill of.i i thought my bike was going to be a complete write off but its only the right hand side fairing what cabbage and the footpeg bent.

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 2:55 PM

Ivan Silva has not been up to par on the 2nd fastest CRT, he's been outpaced by Hernandez in almost everyrace. And for those that are bashing on the CRT's, Avintia is one of the teams that really seem committed to the CRT project, they are constanly upgrading the bike and are lapping very close to some of the GP bikes, plus I think Hernandez is maturing very good and with a faster teammate he will evolve into a faster better rider, just give him time. And by the way I'm also a hater of the passport thing, I'm pretty sure there is way better riders wanting to get a chance even on a CRT bike...

Boo - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 4:10 PM

He's French... and I'm not sure going from SSTK to SBK to CRT in the same season would help him much. Seems to be doing pretty well where he is.

Pizdoff - Unregistered

September 06, 2012 4:56 PM

As my initial reaction to the headline was 'Who is Ivan Silva'? It took a moment for the penny to drop sort of thing.

So I guess I can see the team's point in figuring he won't set the track alight.

Always a shame for the rider to be dumped mind.

« 1 2 3 4  »