MotoGP » Kevin Schwantz files lawsuit against COTA

“Earlier today, I took legal action against COTA. I was forced to file this lawsuit in order to protect my rights, my reputation, and MotoGP itself” – Kevin Schwantz.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

capajacka - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 6:25 AM

Kev, is pist about money I bet! He needs to make a living too! Used his good name and axed him out the deal when butts were on the line cause of deadlines, and broken contracts! That's my opinion realy. Can't blame him. Don't he has a son that on the edge of moto3....? You would sue me if I waded up your bike and said you fix it!

Juice - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 6:52 AM

Damn Red McCombs and his partners. Knowing how Red McCombs operates, he will probably buy out Scbwantz's lawyers and possibly the judge. Sorry Kevin, but you're David right now and hopefully you win.

Bill - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 7:36 AM

What a joke. Like COTA never would have thought to approach MotoGp. Schwantz doesn't own the track and doesn't represent MotoGp yet he wants a slice of the pie. Like he really spent 4 years trying to make a deal. How can tracks make money with all these squatters like Schwantz looking for a handout.

Of course Kevin will get an extortion payout to go away.

kapajacka - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 9:03 AM

I guess a home realities should not het a cut of a deal when they show you a home! I think Kevin brought a lot tothe table and made sure all the needs were going to be met for a great moto show! Read between the lines boyz...
Bet you just think he has a stamp that seez, Endorsed by Kevin so done deal ! Nope. If you help broker a deal then you should be entitled to a fare cut f the game. What ever is fair!
There is way to much money in this contract to be greedy, regardless if its Kevin or you! But the dust will settle and we will hopefully see what all that Kevin has brought to this deal cause I heard him name a lot in this gp deal over the last few years and the tracks not even done yet!

Worsethanoob - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 9:40 AM

@truthhurts,if this isn't politics then what is?
You can't blame Kevin for trying to make some money when the racing stopped,bet he wasn't paid a fraction of what today's riders are,but this is yet another example of politics interfering with the sport we love!

SAM - Unregistered

September 09, 2012 10:09 AM

Kevin, is remodeling his new 7 figure house he bought as he was banking on striking it rich with the new track in Austin.
His friend Tavo was reduced to a silent part of the track once the new investors took over and this pushed KS out. KS was riding (no pun intended) on making a good deal of money.
Does he deserve this? I don't think so as he's just riding on the shirt tails trying to use his forgotten name. Heck he's even trying to cash in playing the Vale's my friend game please buy my brand 34 shirts. JOKE!

« 1 2 3 4