MotoGP » Emotional Misano return awaits Honda Gresini

“It is going to be a weekend of strong emotions” – Fausto Gresini.

Choco - Unregistered

September 11, 2012 8:43 PM

Marco was one of the most exciting riders ever! I was so shocked and saddended to hear the news that I have never even had a desire to see the accident. I still have no desire to see it. Sim would have given the Aliens all they could handle this year and would have inherited Stoner's ride I'm pretty sure. We miss you Marco Simoncelli

herewego - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 8:28 AM

Seeing pictures of him still brings a big lump in the throat!! It still feels unbelievable!

Forzavalentino - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 8:29 AM

Wow!! I can't believe it's a year!!! I'm not an emotional person but when my wife broke the news over the phone I had to pull over and compose myself, Marco was an incredible talent and purely one of us. The way he spoke he rode is exactly how a normal person would have wanted to do it given the chance. We have lost a shining light not just in motogp but in our world. Marco I hope where you are now the sun is always shining the track is always dry and the tyres never ever go off. R.I.P Marco god bless x

mr_long - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 9:58 AM

Please dont get me wrong but although Misano was Marco's home race I will forever associate this race with the tragic loss of Shoya Tomizawa and not Marco.
I cant even remember where Marco finished in last years Misano race.

I'll be a lot more emotional when it comes to the Sepang round.

R - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 10:13 AM

RIP Marco

@there there now, Good gesture!!

Alison46

September 12, 2012 10:16 AM

Miss you Marco. Went to Coriano in the summer and visited the church steps where they have placed pictures of Marco - it was so moving. It is going to be tough to watch at the weekend and the tears will run freely as they are now reading these posts.
X X X

Ich - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 12:59 PM

He used to get a lot of flack because of his (very) aggressive riding style.

But I for one know for sure that all the attacks to his persons were the most misplaced ever. He was a incredibly nice guy and possibly the most genuine character in motoGP.

In Spain they had to give him bodyguards because of the problems he had had with Pedro (worst PR guy ever, Sic :) ). The bodyguards said at the beginning they were not looking forward to spend time with him. At the end of the weekend they loved him and couldn't believe what a nice guy he had been to them.

fiftyeight

September 12, 2012 2:22 PM

RIP Sic. This video is just so great! I tear up EVERY time I watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=pLhCkgPUiLY&feature=related