MotoGP » Jonathan Rea ready for dream MotoGP chance

“For me it's a big dream come true just to race in MotoGP... I know it's going to be busy, but I'm ready" – Jonathan Rea.

jj - Unregistered

September 11, 2012 11:41 AM

I would have thought he'd be a little further ahead of Ellison..?! Maybe qualify on the second/third row. Anyway, I really hope he does well! Looking forward to the whole weekend!

Rukst3r

September 11, 2012 11:42 AM

Good luck to Rea. He's shown real grit and determination on, to be frank, a pig of a Honda Blade in WSB. He's a class rider and I can't help but feel that, based on a good result in both Moto GP races, the door will open for him at Gresini Honda. Another Brit in the 2013 field would be fantastic. Go JR!

Dusty - Unregistered

September 11, 2012 12:06 PM

I don't care where he comes in the race as long as he enjoys himself. Just getting the chance to ride in MotoGP is beyond a dream for most racers. Good luck JR

ColonelClaw

September 11, 2012 12:07 PM

Going from WSBK to MotoGP is similar to going from Touring Cars to F1. I just don't think Rea has had nearly enough practice time to adjust to the change. You need an entire off-season learning how to ride a prototype to even have a chance at doing yourself justice.

Don-R

September 11, 2012 12:12 PM

Yes, good luck to JR. On a first outing I can't really see him troubling the top 6, but a top 10 should definitely be on the cards if he keeps it on two wheels.

Whatever happens though, it's unlikely the Gresini ride will become available to him. Redding is the hot favourite for that ride, and I think we might have an announcement before Rea has even raced at Aragon.

herewego - Unregistered

September 11, 2012 12:26 PM

For crying out loud, Jonny isn't expected to be in the top group of riders, never mind find himself on the podium!! Some people seem to think that he should be winning the flipping race the way they carry on!! Jonathan has been asked to ride the bike - get it out on the track as that is what manufacturers have to do if their rider is out injured or whatever, so don't expect him to be battling up at the front! It must be nerve wracking enough for the lad, so for me, if he puts in a decent performance it will be job done!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »