MotoGP » Cal Crutchlow: Rea deserves this chance

“It's great to have Johnny here. He deserves the opportunity, as do a lot of the guys in World Superbike” - Cal Crutchlow.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

serious4play

September 13, 2012 9:46 PM

Fortune favours the brave and JR is all that. I hope he has a good solid finish in the top ten and learn for his next outing. As Cal rightly said most riders spend their first year falling off to learn so a finish would be a good starting point for Jonny.
Hope he has a good weekend and all the best to him, I know I'm looking forward to it.

Vilas

September 13, 2012 9:59 PM

I enjoy is spirit.. I think to me that Rea never whanted to much to go to Motogp because if he whanted when he did some great sessons with the Honda Wsbk 4sure he could had find a job him 250cc bike and then Jump on Motogp.. I was thinking that he only enjoy Wsbk.. But he still him time 25 years old and like he say is nice oportunity and will be damm fun to wach how a great Wsbk rider that allways play with Honda Cbr can deal with maybe the best motogp of the grid.. Its one of points of interesse to wach Motogp 4sure

Tokehashi - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 10:29 PM

Jonny really deserves this chance. He is riding an old and out of date Honda in wsbk and has to ride beyond the limit to stay with the front guys but that's his job and he does it brilliantly. Hope it goes well for him, such a class rider!

gpfan - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:47 AM

All I ask, is for Rea not to do anything stupid. Just because you're on a bike capable of winning, it doesn't mean people expect you to ride to the potential of the bike. Keep your nose and fairings clean, don't get in the way of Dani/Jorge, and don't pull a Bautista.

If he has any sense, he will be on the brakes earlier than the rest, especially turn 1 with full tank.

Good luck, bringing home a top 10 would be a good ride.

gpfan - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:54 AM

Also, whenever I think of Johnny, I think of the mountain at Cadwell Park. If you don't know what I mean, you're not much of a fan.

hxxp://media.photobucket.com/uploadsignup/ Replace the "xx" with "tt"

Aks29 - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:56 AM

can anyone plz explain to me why the Moto2 guys are immediately fast on MotoGP bikes but the SBK riders take time...???...i think there are better talents in Moto2 than in SBK who deserves seat in MotoGP....

gpfan - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:58 AM

ooops messed up the link

hxxp://media.photobucket.com/image/johnny%20rea%20cadwell%20park/jammers38/johnnyrae1280x800yq9.jpg

replace "xx" with "tt"