MotoGP » Nurburgring, Misano, MotoGP countdown

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

wanadoit - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 11:32 AM

Bradley Smith! I do not know for the life of me how Smith is riding a motgp bike next year...he has really done nothing, I mean Marquez of course, he is a killer rider but Smith, I don't think so, or do you know something I don't?

. - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 4:33 PM

SAM

Stop talking sh.t and trying to use every response as an excuse to bad mouth Redding.

He has come through the hard way money wise, if you saw his house in Glos you would know that. Trying to say his family are dishonest as the reason for himmanaging to get enough to come through is real low.

The difference money wise is massive.

As is the difference in talent, Im sure the agree button will get hit here because from the most knowledgable reader to the total newbie can clearly see how incredible Redding is as a rider and they can also see it's a total waist of time when you get smashed every week becuase there is no rule to cap the bike/rider wieght limit.

Put those two on identical bikes and see the result or better still put BS on a lie detecter machine and ask him if he thinks he's a better rider.

You got issuses Sam

Fox44

September 20, 2012 10:39 PM

I have read somewhere, might have been on here from one of the more knowledgeable and sensible posters(sadly few and far between), that there was a get out clause in the contract. If Smith didn't score a specified number of podiums or high finishes then Tech 3 could nullify the contract.

Ok he's had a few 6 and 7th places but I would suggest not enough to satisfy the get out clause. Has Herve declared the contract void? There must something about Smith that he likes and I am not referring to his wealthy father. If that was the sole reason for his getting the ride , then I am sure that there are other Moto 2 riders with wealthy parents who would also fit the bill.

I am not a big fan of Smith ( he comes across as having undergone a charisma bypass) but at least give him a chance before making snide and unjustified remarks.

SAM - Unregistered

September 21, 2012 7:31 AM

SMITH
108 race starts
3 wins in 125cc
23 podiums
20 of those in the 125 class
3 in Moto2
REDDING
79 starts
1 win 2008 125 class
7 podiums
2 of those in the 125 class
2 2nd places and 3 3rds in Moto2
I'm not talking sh.t the results are right here in front of you/us. As I said Scott and Luthi deserve a good ride too, But there are no seats left. BS had a good way in after Herve was happy with his rides in 2011. But 2012 things have really changed with Kalex and Suter chassis with all their testing it has raised the bar and Tech 3 has stayed the same and only one outside test. You can't blame BS for that!

farl cogetty - Unregistered

September 22, 2012 7:58 AM

@sam both riders results do not merit a move up to gp but redding is big and will suit a bigger bike and testing proved that but bs has got no reason other than you patriot blind fans ..this move will destroy his career like toseand but he had already achieved 2x wsb titles

zuzu - Unregistered

September 24, 2012 9:33 PM

Herve saw potential when he was riding 125's, and for some reason decided to sign him up to ride Moto2 with a future seat in GP. I remember reading about this at the time and thought, ok, he's good at 125's he could be the real deal.

Unfortunately Smith hasn't shown he's a front runner in Moto2. Herve had the contract and had to stick with it, along with who knows what else on the backside of things to keep Smith there. The whole situation reminds me of Yuki Takahashi and his promotion to MotoGP, that was probably done by Honda to keep a Japanese rider in the championship. Yuki, as predicted never amounted to much.

Best of luck to Smith, I have my doubts. Smith is getting a great bike, so the excuse will lay solely in his hands. Hope he doesn't injure himself trying to push hard.

« 1 2 3 4 5