MotoGP » Island feat 'may be step too far' for Stoner

'I think it's going to be tough to make it six in a row, but we'll definitely be there, even if they have to duct-tape me to the bike' - Casey Stoner

scott - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 6:40 AM

why go to v8s? gardner and bayliss both failed at it,
why not just stay in motogp then a lot of bull**** gos on in v8 supercarsas well the same reason he leaving motogp go figure

V8s blow - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 7:35 AM

You don't have to tell me I used to watch it in the 80s and early ninetys, it just its lost its appeal. Plus my tastes have changed like I said I can't stand endurances (driver switching)which is are the biggest most talked about races of the series. On another note stoner isn't my favourite rider but I rate him highly but I can't believe how much hate the man generates anyone would think he is hitler sometimes hahaha. All riders IMO are great not to worried about what's said after just what's happening on the track.
I guess I don't feel the need to whinge about individuals.

have a go - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 7:45 AM

@ V8 blow.
The reason Stoner generates so much hate is because he constantly complains and shows bad sportsmanship. Some would say (and many have) he is a spoilt brat.
I won't be sad to see the end of him and i am an aussie. Been following the sport since mid 70 and Stoner is (was) a fast rider but to often has a faster mouth.
So go on V8 blows, have a whinge, Stoner does, lol.

BoZz - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 8:02 AM

I don't care about V8's!..Bah Driver swaps, Safety cars that bring it all back to scratch and topless sheilas in the grandstands..
I wanna see an aussie ride a bike internationally and when we get a competitive one, he hints at going to a sport I have very little interest in.. Now we gotta wait another 10 years!..

I hope you're Happy Stoner!..

V8s blow - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 8:10 AM

Hahaha fair enough have a go.
Well put bozz couldn't agree more we just have to pray that sissus gets his act together, and not whinge then everyone (down under) will be happy.

Twinkie - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 8:36 AM

Lets clear up the duck tape argument.
Duct tape, or duck tape, is cloth or scrim-backed pressure sensitive tape often coated with polyethylene. There are a variety of constructions backings, adhesives, etc. One variation is gaffer tape designed to be cleanly removed, while duct tape was not. Duct tape is generally silver or black but also available in other colors.

The product now commonly called duct tape is not designed for sealing ventilation ducts it cannot handle hot and cold temperature extremes as well as specially designed tapes.

In 1942 Revolite, then a division of Johnson & Johnson, originally developed an adhesive tape made from a rubber-based adhesive applied to a durable duck cloth backing. This tape resisted water and was used as sealing tape on ammunition cases during World War II.

herewego - Unregistered

September 20, 2012 8:44 AM

Casey Stoner will soon be gone! Can't come soon enough for me as I have never liked the man! At Donnington in 2007 when he was on his way to winning the championship, he whined on that he couldn't understand why people where paying such large amounts for Valentino' stuff at the auction, he said that as Valentino wasn't going to win that year, why would they not want his stuff instead!!!! The reply was that when he was as popular and had won as much as Valentino had, maybe then people would want to buy his stuff! Hasn't happened has it! Casey still doesn't get it even now!!!!

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »