MotoGP » Moto3: Cortese reflects on 'best ever' victory

'One of my best victories, but at the same time also one of my hardest races' - Sandro Cortese

cassyo

September 21, 2012 5:49 PM

A long awaited non-spanish promising name throughout all the GP series.I would compare his performance with Stoners 2007 one : one against a whole armada.Non-spanish rider and no japanese bike as well.

Sam - Unregistered

September 22, 2012 2:46 AM

I don't know what's so Special about this so called Italian-German Rider??? where the real star is nobody but the 16 yrs old Romano Fenati who won race and podiums in his first year.

cassyo

September 22, 2012 5:11 AM

In fact, even more long awaited perhaps: Bradl was on a Honda.Maybe it was the case I should have pointed that out somehow differently : a long awaited package-non-spanish rider/non japanese bike.Bradl , whom I am also supporting, had a bike with the same propulsion as all the others.Should I put it the other way around : KTM -Sandro ?
Anyway, for me Sandro is not "so called" but German. His rather slow but steady ascension, instead of a latin way of a fast breakthrough is also here to support my view: he was born in Germany, German mother and finally having the job done with a rather German approach.

conor - Unregistered

September 22, 2012 12:15 PM

@cassyo ... you make no damn sense once cortese reaches moto2 he shall no longer be a shining light then as he will have the "same propulsion" as the rest? O.o we all know at the start of the year that KTM would eat the others down the straights & 2 of the top 3 in the moto3 championship happen to be KTM's understandable when the class is only honda & ktm since other engineering firms failed terribly... if you look at folger over the past few races he has looked more of a talent that cortese imho 2013 moto3 J.Folger! either way it has not been long awaited for breakthrough's who aren't spanish! Tomizawa 2010, Fenati 2012 & salom 2012 are 3 off the top of my head right now! May have a german mother but also has an italian father... either way by german approach i guess you mean taking 7 years in the class to get there... don't get me wrong i like the guy but i find it hard to believe that if a rider like fenati, folger, salom etc. had been given the same bike and support that cortese ha

Sam - Unregistered

September 22, 2012 1:48 PM

@ Conor

Well said mate. What Cassyo failed or were reluctant to acknowledge was the fact that Cortese is more Italian than German. Anyway it was his choice to ride under Germany.

I also agree with you on Fenati and Salom they are not on the same machine, yet challenge likes of Vinales and Cortese. That guy Fenati is only 16 and I'm sure he'll win the series in at max two years and I can bet on it. He's got the the talent and more importantly he is a real racer.

Sam - Unregistered

September 22, 2012 10:13 PM

@ Italian in Germany

Nothing changes the fact that Alessandro "Sandro" Cortese is a German of Italian descent!! Anyway not that he's some talent, but I just wanted to point that out. Best of luck to Cortese and Germany!!