MotoGP » Aragon MotoGP - Race Results

Race results from the Aragon MotoGP, round 14 of 18.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 2:25 PM

The gap between riders seems to grow bigger. I know that Lorenzo didn't put a fight once he understood that Pedrosa was faster so that gap may be exagerated but the 3rd place at 11 seconds is quite a lot and clearly shows that, even considering the differences between factory and non-factory, the present guys like Dovi, Bradl or Crutchlow will never reach closer to the level of the so-called aliens (now a club reduced to 2 memebers)... which is a pity.

The only hope - and right now it is just a hypothesis nothing else - is that Marc Marquez may reach what some believe he is capable of, but still has to prove...

ausibob - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 2:38 PM

Great ride from Dani. He needed to restore some confidence after last rounds misfortune and it sure looked like he achieved that. Jorge was too smart to gamble 25 points when he could just hang on to 2nd and only lose 5.

Nicky! I had my heart in my mouth when I saw his body take a tumble over that barrier. I sure hope he is ok and makes a full recovery for next round.

Looking forward to next round where hopefully we might see some more aliens up front with the return of #27!

aeolus

September 30, 2012 2:40 PM

On the assumption that all the Honda and Yamaha bikes are pretty much equal in performance, the vast gap between Pedro and Jorge and all the rest is dooming the MotoGP races to snoozers. Dovi has been at it long enough to have shown his potential. Cal not yet. Spies has lost something along the way and is slipping back to Hayden territory. Next season he will not finish any higher than 8th I'll bet. Yes Rea has done remarkably well, but there is a world of difference in lapping in the 1:50 range and exploring the bike's potential. Next year the only question will be can Rossi reclaim his former position and will Marquez fulfill expectations. Otherwise...booring!

pcxmac - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 4:04 PM

Spies was playing with the CRTs at the beginning of the season, now hes got a shot at the podium/4th place, given how much little support it seems hes getting its not bad, Dani with just as much support as Jorge is showing two things, that he might actually be a better pilot and the Honda is the best bike on the grid. Jorge has the full backing of Yamaha, but if Casey comes back he could make Yamaha very sorry they put all their eggs in one basket by helping Honda/Repsol/Dani in taking all three championships.

Rossiput - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 4:06 PM

this kind of show put me off, make me miss stoner even more! can't wait for motegi. I sure I will laugh my ass if jorge can't win the rest of races and still win championship which will score him by far lower than Stoner retired determination and his '11 championship. remember how stoner not giving up valencia against Spies. always want to win.

Today I saw pedrosa rode #99 M1 vs Stoner rode #26 RC213V. BY A MILES! yet still so proud eh Jorge? if I was him I'd rather moans, hit my bike when finished or shake my head not celebrating! he's more like Rossi now. 2nd like a win eh? Proudy Jorge? Too proud? determined huh? by 11 seconds? you more like some other old fart there! at least give the gap a slice!

BTW I just realize that Dani's celebration is as modest Stoner's. maybe you guys here will start to slagging him too. Come on said it loud! "Dani the characterless rider"

This is f*ckng BOOOORIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Rossiput - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 4:32 PM

For dudes who disagree with me. let me say this

What if the scoring changed to 35 26 21 and so on

Why? standard scoring is good if there is no such aliens but with current situation with 3 rider reserve the podiums, extra points should be given to anyone who can win the race (at all cost if needed). So there would be no lazing mode anymore.

pxcmac - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 4:49 PM

that kind of scoring only works when you have more than a couple people that can win it, otherwise it just means an end to the championship that much sooner.

Rossiput - Unregistered

September 30, 2012 5:05 PM

@pcxmac
That's the point! I don't care about the slow riders. Yeah there should be 4 aliens at least. What I wish is wins should pawned consistency among the aliens not the other way around. Thats why I will laugh my ass if jorge wins is less than someone else eventually.

1 2  »