MotoGP » Rea impresses with seventh at Aragon

'It's been amazing to get this chance and I'm not totally sure what's happening for Motegi, but my best wishes go to Casey and I hope he comes back and shows the world the rider he is' - Jonathan Rea

Catch Up - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 6:22 AM

Having a better bike has really nothing to do with it....just ask Spies.
Sometimes a bike with less power is easier to ride and as Rea said " the potential of this bike is incredible "

I thought Hayes was impressive as well, but hey I think all Motogp riders are impressive so I am easily pleased.

But there are only 3 that are brilliant.

rolling stoner - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 7:48 AM

Why do alot of people bag Jono Rea? For a rider who is 5th in WSB and 100 points off the championship leader, 7th in MotoGP is an incredible achievement! I doubt other riders currently ahead of Rea in WSB's would do much better...well maybe Sykes.

bjr - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 8:19 AM

7th on a factory Honda? Well that's just like coming last.

7th on a Ducati? That's the type of performance Rea would need to put in to prove he's in the same league as the greatest of all time.

Honestly though, depending on what the team expected of him, I think he's done an OK job unlike some wildcard/fill-ins in the past that have binned it after a few laps or just parked the thing during the race 'cos it was all too hard...

pp916 - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 9:54 AM

Thing is , the people that matter ARE impressed by his performance and demeanor.....the opinions of the contributors to this forum, despite their delusions of grandeur, mean sweet FA........

wadcutter - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 10:32 AM

@ PetrolBonce

OK I'll stop being juvenile as you put it if you can come out of fantasy dream land. Where you have the choice of all the WSB and WSS riders and Bradl and Bautista who are under sponsers contracts regardless if they ride Hondas. That leaves Marquez who HRC would not have put on the bike with no testing and no big bike experience. So Aoyama, Rea or the HRC test riders, who would you choose? Thats the only ones available in the real world.

Ron - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 10:57 AM

Hayes and Nakasuga results did occur at a race which involved
A) A 4 rider pile up on the first lap (Rossi, De Puniet, Hayden and Bautista)
B) Abraham crashed in a desperate fight for rookie of the year
C) Started raining towards the end.
D) Nakasuga was a test rider, so should have a lot of laps of the M1 under his belt

Sure there is also a few less prototypes this year, but these are very much apples and oranges comparisons.

tomcol - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 11:12 AM

Yes I would say Rea did pretty well. Very professional and didnt smash the bike up as some thought he would do.
Although I actually expected him to have done better still. About 5th I would have said.

th - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 1:15 PM

Not a real Rea fan but I think he did very well so am somewhat surprised that anyone is knocking him, he showed maturity and skill and good pace .I often wonder who puts on the silly comments and is this their first experience of racing as the igorance is at times staggering .Would worry slightly about Rossi , his overshoot outside Rea smacked a bit of desperation , I hope not for this gerat rider .

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »