MotoGP » Nicky Hayden escapes serious injury in Aragon scare

“I thought I might hit the wall headfirst if I jumped off, so I let go right before impact. I'm sorry to tear up the bike” – Nicky Hayden.

Destro

October 01, 2012 1:55 AM

it didnt seem as if that wall was that far away and it didnt look like he would have hit it hard. When he did and he spun around doing a couple of flips over it, I spit out my beer. Its one of the craziest crashes I've seen in awhile. Glad he is OK.

Lame Duck - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 6:06 AM

Wow Ducati, I thought you guys would do good at this track. I thought this guy made the podium a year or so ago... and he does the superman over the wall. I suppose Stoner would have won the race by 80 seconds. The brand is becoming a joke. Punch another hole in the front fairing and add wings. Exit stage left like the so called great one.

me - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 6:25 AM

Good to hear Nicky is ok. Oh and by the way Simon Danilo is in rehab now. He is a 15 year old kid who was seriously injured at Brno in the Red Bull Rookies Cup. He got no coverage on crash which is no surprise.

Paul - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 4:48 PM

That's Nicky second big crashe this year and didn't need that one when he is just getting over a hand injury. He was very lucky to not get injured again, but they need to answer where was the bloody airfence.

I am a big fan of nicky and him hitting that fence then getting spat over the top onto the access road reminds me of that Japanese rider that was killed when he hit a fence ( I think it was a fence could be wrong )

I made me jump up and shout at the tv, i think he could have got a good result as well ,hopefully he will bring one at the next round....

Patrick - Unregistered

October 01, 2012 5:53 PM

"while it made for a nice shot, that always seemed sketch to deliberately build a "brick wall" into at racetrack...? they think nobody's paying attention, but many of us are."

I dont claim to be a racing safety professional, but I can say that having ridden that track less than two weeks ago, there is no possible way you could ever hit that wall. Camera shots are deceiving, but I rode a whole day without even realizing where the wall was. And even that being the case, they had protection in front of it.

shamarone

October 01, 2012 7:22 PM

re: "he rode bloody miles to hit that barrier. he could have dropped it a lot sooner."

they need to extend the gravel trap. he was in it and then out of it with little to no bleed off in speed.

« 1 2 3 4  »