MotoGP » Moto2: Toni Elias returns for final rounds

Toni Elias to Italtrans for remaining rounds, Julian Simon for 2013?

tucker - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 10:05 AM

You never know borat, he could be truly on it from the get go or at the back of the field, we just don't know with Toni anymore. I think Toni is looking at CRT options next year, possibly with Gresini. Should be a strong team at Italtrans in 2013 with Nakagami having a years experience and Simon hopefully back to his best.

Ben1

October 02, 2012 10:13 AM

Corti was doing well in my opinion, better than his team-mate. After his podium finish in Le Mans he said that he doesn't have the budget for the whole year, it ran out now.

roemer

October 02, 2012 10:35 AM

Corti was doing fine , team needs money that's all.... or maybe something is going on behaind the curtains,

i wish Claudio he finds soon a good Team where to show is true potential

cheers mate

tucker - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 10:55 AM

Maybe and this is just speculation I may be completely wrong. But after the non exsistent 'radiation threat' in Japan last year, I seem to remember Claudio being one of the couple of Italian riders who refused to go to Japan for the race. And that's why Nakagami rode for Italtrans at Motegi last year and earned his ride for 2012. What I am trying to say is, maybe he again refused and the team had enough and decided to drop him. Like I said it's just a theory and I could be wrong just seems suspicious that it's happened just before Motegi. I also read on an Italian website somewhere, that Corti wanted to ride in SBKs in Australia during the off season to keep fit, and the team weren't to happy about that, so maybe that could be a reason anyway. He's a good rider as we've seen this year, hopefully we'll see him back in Moto2 for 2013.

MORIWAKI

October 02, 2012 1:49 PM

Hep, i'm glad he had a new bike for the last fourth round. Hope he will found grip and strenghth to fight with the front.
Well,i'm sure he will be back, i do not worried about that.
Thanks to italtrans to give a huge chance to toni!!!!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 2:35 PM

Toni "The Cat" Elias

As has already been suggested, surely it is time he gave up on GP's and tried his hand at WSBK or if there is no interest in that camp, switch to modeling - I think he would do fine - judging by that picture he has the "Zoolander" look perfected already!

y98h - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 3:29 PM

Toni's my favorite rider and it hasn't been pleasant to follow him these last couple of years.

Although I believe he has genuine talent and is a fearless rider, I'll admit that he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat if he hopes to stay in GP on any level. I'm rooting for him, even if his time may be up.

1 2 3  »