MotoGP » Moto3: Vinales deal includes Moto2 switch

'I have a good chance of achieving the goals set for Moto3 and I think I have plenty of time to go to Moto2' - Maverick Vinales

Reese

October 03, 2012 11:12 AM

Can you imagine Mav and Marquess in MotoGP battling it out in 2015! Dayum that's a long way off! Looking forward to Mav doing well when he moves up to Moto2. Marquess is going to give fits to the MotoGP class! Doubt he'll win in his first year, but alas I've gotten off topic! Good luck to ya Maverick!

Stuart - Unregistered

October 03, 2012 12:23 PM

@K - I disagree. He's a very mature rider on the track - just needed to vent his spleen at the obvious frustration. I dont blame him at all...I'm twice his age and would probably have done the same!

Emotion-bots - Unregistered

October 03, 2012 2:30 PM

@K Come on... why do we have to remove all emotion from top level motorsport? Do you watch F1 these days?! The interviews are just extended ad breaks. Whenever the camera is on drivers, they can't say what they really think for fear of upsetting a sponsor. Look back to the 70's/80's, maybe early 90's... that's when we got to see REAL people doing something they were passionate for... and yes, that means being happy when things go right, and it also means being sad/angry/frustrated when things go wrong. Vinales kicking his bike as he walked off,(having just been knocked out the title chase due to no fault of his own), was MILD compared to what I'm sure he wanted to do. But I'm glad we saw it!

The truth hurts. - Unregistered

October 03, 2012 2:56 PM

Dropped his bike and kicked it my ar*e.
I would have punted it over the air fence!
The guy is a hot blooded youngster who shows hot blooded emotion.Just like when we were kids!
This guy will mature into a top class rider over the next few years.Definate Motogp title material.
I too cant wait to see him Ianonne and Marquez lock horns in the premier class.The sport needs these pumped up youngsters.They have a raw passion and are not afraid to show it.

tucker - Unregistered

October 03, 2012 3:51 PM

I think too much pressure was put on Maverick this year by the Spanish press and his team as well. I think he maybe has struggled at times this year because of the pressure. He's been over thinking in the races this year. Cortese pointed it out, where Sandro thinks about his race Maverick has thought about Cortese in the race. If Maverick just thinks about winning the race and not beating Sandro he probably would of won the title this year. Saying that, he's only 17 and has learnt a heck of a lot this year, mostly how to lose I think, this season will benefit Maverick more than any other season. He will come back stronger in 2013 and when he does step up to Moto2 he'll be ready.

mandosgreat

October 03, 2012 6:14 PM

Very disappointed he won't be moving up to Moto2 next year. He was much improved this year from the last and ready for a ride in Moto2 in my opinion. Not the end of the world but ... he definitely has the talent/skill/etc to be in Moto2, he deserves it (unlike B. Smith going to GP).

pcxmac - Unregistered

October 03, 2012 6:56 PM

Maverick is wasting his time in Moto3, he should be in Moto2. Still really young with lots to learn, but unless hes on a competitive bike next year, Moto2 has to be the better option.

1 2  »