MotoGP » Nicky Hayden reveals Aragon fracture

"I thought I had escaped unscathed from the crash at Aragon, but unfortunately it looks like I picked up another injury" - Nicky Hayden.

mobilnas

October 09, 2012 2:24 PM

That was awesome riding on chassis 'developed by you'
You rode precisely and braked perfectly avoiding crucial injuries.

Now that the bike is better, Hayden, Guareschi, Preziosi all want credit, and no one wants to speak of Rossi's inputs.

HRC

October 09, 2012 3:16 PM

I think some of you need glasses!
There is a gravel trap behind the astro turf, he did have time to lay the bike down in the gravel with the rear brake or bail off, he chose to stay on the bike and try and slow it so he could re-join but panicked and went sideways when he realised there was not enough room before being fired over the barrier.

shaken - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 3:40 PM

That sure was a scary one (crash). Full of respect for what he did (staying on the bike) as otherwise if he came off and slammed into the wall he could've broke his spine and ended up paralysed like Joan Lascorz (WSB). The injury couldn't have come at a worse time with 3 races in succession.....Whatever, best wishes Nicky.

79yoi - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 4:49 PM

That was no gravel trap that he went through - at least not a real one. Real ones are deep ... he just coasted over all those surfaces without scrubbing off any real speed.

98o - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 5:02 PM

I booted up MotoGP on my PS3 and selected Nicky Hayden and rode the Aragon track. I too was unable to avoid this fence. Thanks to my advanced methods of testing, we can conclude that Nicky was unable to avoid the wall. :)

mobilnas

October 09, 2012 5:40 PM

@98o
That is one of the most scientific methods I have come across.
I like it.

I hope the weather conditions were the same.
Was it GP11 or 11.1 or 12.0?
The former should behave differently I believe.
It should loose its front to even a granule of gravel.

M1M - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 7:47 PM

I wish Hayden better luck - seems there's only one sort of break he can catch these days. I wonder if there's an opportunity from some crash research which is being missed though. People instinctively try to protect their head with their arms when tumbling through gravel traps, but arms aren't likely to add to the protection offered by the helmet and are more vulnerable to injury, (plus dislocated shoulders & broken collar bones), if not tucked in. 'Centrifugal' forces can send arms/legs flailing at high speed but maybe analysis of many crashes could provide some guidance as to what riders should attempt to do to minimise injury in these situations.

« 1 2 3  »