MotoGP » Moto3: Cortese apologises for conduct

“I'm really sorry about my behaviour today. I just overreacted" - Sandro Cortese.

M1M - Unregistered

October 14, 2012 9:23 AM

I hope that means he's apologised to Kent personally and to Tonucci as well. If it's true what Stoner said about most of the Ajo team not bothering to turn up at the podium ceremony to celebrate and applaud Kent's first win, then they should issue a public apology to him also.

Stickybeak - Unregistered

October 14, 2012 10:10 AM

To do what these guys can to take wins at this level is quite extraordinary. So to me its not surprising that you get the occasional hothead among them. At least he's had the decency to admit his conduct was out of line and has made a public apology. I too would hope that he has shown his remorse to Kent & Tonucci personally.

fastfisheye

October 14, 2012 10:13 AM

It really was an ugly tantrum from Cortese and Kent deserves a wholehearted apology from him and his team if the above is true. Having said that I can kind of understand him losing it due to the pressure. With the points lead he has he can be patient and probably take the crown next weekend. I will be there at Sepang to see it first hand
javascript:insertTextCursor('comment', ':)')

Fox44

October 14, 2012 12:04 PM

Not really on for Cortese to react as he did especially after his on track antics at Assen. He needs to look at how Lorenzo rode today, finish well , get the points, wrap up the championship. So long as he leaves Sepang with the same points lead as he has now he will be champion. No need for histrionics.

RabidDog - Unregistered

October 14, 2012 12:39 PM

No excuses. That was pathetic. His behaviour ruied a significant moment in Kent's career. Honestly I hope the team gives him a good hiding, I personally would have tossed hi out the pits by his helmet. Shows a real lack of maturity and poses questions as to wether or not he should be there. Ruins the sports reputation as well!

WPranata26 - Unregistered

October 14, 2012 2:57 PM

This guy is a complete a$$hole. Kent has nothing to do with his stup!d crash. It's all his fault due to his brain size is only as big as a peanut. And he wave furiously toward Kent and his team. I can't stop my a$$ laughing when I saw it.

oddyMob - Unregistered

October 14, 2012 3:55 PM

think this will bite Cortese in the butt next year. He is clearly an old school 2 stroker (and not a great one at that) having never done anything with the likes of Marquez, Iannone, Espargaro, Smith, Terol, Rabat in the class. His one advantage this year is he is far older than the rest of the class.

Next year he is in Moto2 as is Danny. Should be very interesting and looking forward to seeing Danny give him a taste of his own medicine. Danny did a great post race interview and showed great control...probably as they are team mates.

1 2 3 4  »