MotoGP » Seventh 'our potential' right now, says Rossi

'Unfortunately, this is our potential at the moment, and our pace still isn't at the same level as the others, especially in the early laps' - Valentino Rossi

Pam

October 16, 2012 3:52 PM

The truth hurts. - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Stateofmind.Its only trolling if you are not making any valid point.If you ARE making a valid point then it should make no difference whos thread you are on.Unfortunately Crash are only interested in one side of the story sometimes.If your opinion varies from that of the mods,guess what?
Not only do you get your posts deleted but anyone who shares your point of view gets their posts deleted as well.Nothing quite like democracy is there!

TedG

October 16, 2012 5:06 PM

I see The truth hurts has added the moderators to his hate list and started bagging on them. Let us know how this works out for you. We will probably find out when he starts spamming this site again.

CRT - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 5:27 PM

@ Because CRT, that would mean that Stoner is a great rider, something some people can not accept. Having grown up in a racing family, I think they're all amazing, with the 4 aliens in a class by themselves.

Posted by Pam

Precisely.

It seems some people have to justify there support for one rider or another by making up excuses, reasons and general bashing of thier rival, which is sad. I cannot understand the mindset that someone may actually be just as good or better than Rossi. God forbid it happens huh?

Rossi, Jorge, Stoner, Pedrosa.....personally I don't think there is a whole lot between them. I believe it's whoever gets the bike dialed in right that wins. It would have been nice to see all four fighting it out on good machinery, but alas it will not happen.

Rossi will be taking the place of Stoner at the podium next season, which means there will still be only three people fighting for victory instead of four.

Shame really.

wanadoit - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 8:12 PM

@crt.

Don't be so sure of your self about next year...what are you boy wonder who can look into the future?
And on the issue of Rossi, Jorge, Stoner and Pedrosa, no thinking there is a lot between them. Have you missed the past two years of racing...one of them is always moaning each Monday and coming either: 6th, 7th or 8th. And to show your bias, you put Rossi at the head of those names..."I think you're in for a shock dear friend and your head is living in the past...though I have been wrong before...but your lad isn't even trying!

CRT - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 9:19 PM

@ I think you're in for a shock dear friend and your head is living in the past...though I have been wrong before...but your lad isn't even trying!

Posted by wanadoit

I don't live in the past, never have, never will.

I don't cheer for any of the names I mentioned come race day. If you think I am some blind Rossi sheep you haven't been here long.

If you think that Rossi will not be competitive again on the M1 I believe it is you who are in for a shock. We all know his tenure at Ducati can be, at best, described as an utter failure, but to write him off is unwise.

My "bias" because I used Rossi's name first? You're grasping at straws.

Keep trying though.

P.S. Is that better for you Crash?

petrolbonce

October 16, 2012 10:43 PM

Leaving aside all the fanboy crap above lets try a comment on the actual potential of the Ducati.

The thing is that Ducati have improved the D16 over the season, unfortunately for them this is real life and everybody else has improved too. Every season, especially with a new set of technical regs bikes are going to improve over the course of the season. So if you're way behind the leaders you don't just need to improve, you need to improve significantly more than the leaders. Ducati haven't achieved that.

It's unlikely they will make big steps in the final three races, spaced as they are over four weekends. So Ducatisti can only hope they will somehow make huge strides over the winter.

Make no mistake Honda and Yamaha may both have said their current bikes are 2013 bikes, but they'll still have new machinery for next season.

bjr - Unregistered

October 17, 2012 3:43 AM

I'd be staggered if Rossi isn't back up on the podium at most rounds on a factory Yamaha next year.

Honestly, I don't know what's happend to Spies this year but if Cal and Dovi can perform like they have on a Satellite Yamaha then surely Rossi would be finishing ahead of them on a factory Yamaha.

« 5 6 7 8 9