MotoGP » Rossi: 'Slowest of the three but we have to try'

“We are in the fight for fifth place in the championship with Cal and Alvaro. We are the slowest of the three but we have to try” - Valentino Rossi.

Rossiput - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 7:07 AM

@samas

damn i want to say that too.
btw the duke except in 2011 are ALWAYS a bike with most power and top speed! FACT

and who's made the duck slow in 2011? rossi himself

petrolbonce

October 19, 2012 11:14 AM

@shhhhh! And Edwards started winning as soon as he wasn't teamed with Rossi? Of course he didn't, because he's not good enough.

And you take anything that Edwards says as gospel? Sorry, but Colin is full of ****. My favourite stool he's produced this year was the "there's no point travelling round the world if you don't stand a chance of winning" he dropped in criticism of CRT. I should think Colin's former employers may have thought the same thing about him. Nine years they hauled their gear around the planet for him and here he is without a single win to his name. Nearly ten years in MotoGP now and he's still blaming the machinery.

TheBaron - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 12:59 PM

There have been many riders who were once highly regarded who have been overwhelmed by a man's bike, the Ducati. The list is long. Rossi is just another casualty, a rider the fans thought was able to walk on water. Hell, even Troy Bayliss has led more laps on a MotoGP Ducati than the busted **** Italian. The Ducati has also proved that Mr Rossi's reputation as some sort of motorcycle engineering genius is also rather wide of the mark. He's just another rider with feet of clay. Not in Stoner's league on a Ducati. As a Ducati owner and fan, I am glad Rossi is going back to Yamaha. He has taken Ducati backwards.

CRT - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 1:14 PM

@ @CRT you really are a sad, lonely, old beggar.
Posted by Liam48

This is the best you have? Really?

You seem to not understand that I am simply using the logic of the Rossi brigade. What applies to others should also apply to Rossi right? Or is that different because it sheds Rossi in a different light? Mayde by doing that it doesn't make him look out to be this walk on water figure you have tried to shove down everyone's throat? Am I hitting too close to home?

Tell me, at what point in time have I discredited any of Rossi's accomplishments? You are assumuing that since I don't buy into your fanboy BS that I must not like Rossi or recognize his achievements? Classic fanboyism at its best.

You may very well be right on the 2005 M1 comment. I will have to go back and watch the video. If I'm wrong about that, I'll be more than happy to admit it.

Dennisimo - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 3:40 PM

Rick180268 To those of you who say that the 2007 Ducati was the best bike out there. That just makes me laugh Stoners team mate that year was like Rossi a world champion and winner of GPs on a Honda his name. Marco Melandri You can't argue a great talent. But Stoner made him look like a club racer. I was at Donnington that year and Stoner won by a country mile but what was more impressive was that if that race had have been 1 more lap long Stoner would have lapped Melandri

Er no Moaners team mate that year was Loris

Rick180268

October 19, 2012 7:05 PM

@Dave. I am sorry my mistake Melandri did indeed join Ducati in 2008 but it still does not take away the fact that he was made look very silly by Stoner. Also you say in 2006 both rider were on satalite Hondas and melandri came out on top , well that is not very surprising as it was Stoners rookie year and Melandri had been there since 2003

« 2 3 4 5 6