MotoGP » UPDATE: Sepang MotoGP stopped, result confirmed

MotoGP race stopped - Dani Pedrosa now confirmed as winner.

nas - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:17 AM

Never thought I'd see the day when Dani would outgun the top riders in the wet, usually it's him who falls back or drops it under these conditions. I still hate the guy but that was a pretty decent performance today.

jimmy - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:20 AM

If Lorenzo can't handle the conditions, he can retire. Nobody forces him to race. Wet weather shouldn't be a reason to stop a race. They have wet tyres, for God's sake!

reality - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:21 AM

Troll I am not.
Good bike rider I am not.
Brave I am not.
Fan of motogp for over 30 years I AM.
Watching next year I am not.
@yoshi
calling a spade a spade is not trolling!
My lack of ability on a bike does not lessen my ability to see.

whataloadofrubbish - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:22 AM

I really cant see me bothering with this next year, will stick to wsbk and bsb thanks, so yeah i will be voting with my feet, what a shower of sh#t. Anyone who thinks this is great racing is deluded and has been for many years.

Garrett from South Africa - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:23 AM

What a sad end to the race but said all along Dani would win it in rain or sunshine ! JL has gone defensive but only dat his gone soft , man ! This is not the Jorge I know when Rossi was hi stable mate ! I am dissapointed with Lorenzo a true champion fights to the last and bever gives up...I believe he knew CS had him ! I dnt want to see JL win champioship like this ! But anyway Dani is going to kill dem in the next 2 races , he'll win both but I think JL win be crowned champion unless JL falls like Rossi did in 2006 ....but thats very unlikely to happen ! but we will see ! JL has lost hos balls ....cant believe it !!!

Jesse Woodson James - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:24 AM

Wow, some really silly ill-judged and ill-informed comments about Sepang. Race correctly stopped sorry but that is the reality. Quite right regarding the timing of race however surely more flexibility is required to adapt to conditions. Get race on earlier?

RSMick

October 21, 2012 10:26 AM

And I suppose they stopped the Moto2 race to stop Gino Rea winning as well!

Some of you people need to travel to these countries and see what you can't see on telly, when it rains it rains. FFS they stopped the WSB race at Silverstone with a fraction of that rain.
If they really wanted to assure Lorenzo wins they would have gone down that ridiculas route of awarding half points.

WylieCoyote

October 21, 2012 10:26 AM

It has always been an unwritten rule that the LEADER of a race is the only one who can call for the stop by raising his hand. Lorenzo was out of place asking for it when running second. If he was having grip and aquaplaning problems then so were the leader and the bloke catching him. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but the actions today will feed the trolls for days to come....

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »