MotoGP » UPDATE: Sepang MotoGP stopped, result confirmed

MotoGP race stopped - Dani Pedrosa now confirmed as winner.

ts - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:26 AM

'It's all very well critising Lorenzo, but if the situation were reversed, do you think Pedrosa wouldn't have put his hand up to try to get the race stopped?'

I don't think that's the crux of the argument - anyone in Lorenzo's position would be justified in wanting the race stopped - if it was me I'd have been waving my arms around for 10 laps! BUT it's the fact that race control stopped the race as soon as Lorenzo nearly lost it. They didn't bother when three bikes went off on one lap, but one word from George and everything stops. At best, that's a little odd.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:28 AM

Thought I was watching the episode of Days of Our Lives but then I new there was something missing...
the excitement!
Seriously though, the scheduling of this race just proves why Caramello and a baseball bat need to have that much needed reunion.
What happened to the rainmaster Valentino?

Steve - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:28 AM

DJ fom TJ - Your opinion seems to out of line with the common consensus.

If you are so wound up why don't you troll somewhere else?

Very poor form from Jorge, lost a little respect for him. In the same shot where he nearly lost it, you could see Casey closing effortlessly. If he was concentrating on his riding, instead of trying to stop the race, he may have avoided that moment.

Classic Yamaha, relying on the front end in the braking zone, no coincidence they had all crashed out by that point. I assume now that if others have an advantage in certain conditions, due to setup, tyre wear or bike characteristics- then they can stop the race, rather than slow down?

Hopefully they'll give the smug ***** a hard time in the press conference.

Roll on Oz - I'll be backing Pedrosa from now on!

Gaz - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:28 AM

All the Jorge haters are out now with full venom!

Yes, I am a fan and I dont want him to take the title and ride like this either. I aint impressed to be honest but you can see it from his point of view. It doesnt look good though. Think I had better go into hiding!

daniel kuchnia

October 21, 2012 10:31 AM

It was strong rain. Maybe ist was to dangerous, but only JLo "chicken" showed the hand.

Pity. It looks that Dorna and Bridgestone was versusu HRC this years. HRC has lost.

Decent ride by Casey. Im sorry for Dani, he had the opportunity take a 9 point from this weekend, but chicked WCH stopped it.

Rossi as usuall, this time in rain to.
Hayden this time without problemns a ahead of Rossi. So should be whole year actully.

Steve - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:32 AM

No Gaz, I think it's a case of Jorge haters being CREATED.

Really think this has soured an excellent season. Who's to say they wouldn't have stopped the race anyway? IF he had fallen off, would the race have gone back two laps anyway? We will never know - I just wish he'd got on with the job in hand like everyone else.

Poor, poor show from Jorge and race-direction.

3m - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 10:32 AM

They should have let the race go for 1 or 2 more laps making it a full race 75%,instead race direction got panic seeing lorenzo was about to loose his second to casey,so they bend rules and stop a whole race for lorenzo,while pedrosa got full penalty for misano start farse,

dorna you suck.