MotoGP » Stoner: I almost didn't race

'I've been trying to avoid all the wet sessions that I can, so I can stay in the best possible shape and dry riding is the best chance for us' - Casey Stoner

samas

October 21, 2012 2:26 PM

I don't know, my hearing's not the best these days but I don't recall him saying a couple more laps and he would have won, what I thought I heard was he had a good chance of getting second and as he was right up JLos date when the race was stopped I think he was right, but then again having followed GP racing from it's inception.
What the f**k would I know.
Just f**k me pink and call me rosy.

Moaner the great - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 2:32 PM

First he says he's been struggling all weekend and the bike isn't where it needs to be.
Secondly he says he wasn't going to race.
Thirdly he claims he would of won if the race wasn't stopped.
This guy is a joke.

Lorenz Chicken Suit - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 2:41 PM

Good to see that clowns on here dont think Aussies can ride in the wet.

Ant West P2 in the wet today and he ain't no Stoner and Stoner takes 2secs in one lap in the wet just as he get his mojo happening the other rider starts to stick his finger out to get the race stopped and Stoner is the Moaner? I dont think so.

To quote the Rossi fans, rain is a great equaliser
BTW, how is that working out for you guys, Rossi do OK, you know, all that equalisining s hite you guys go on about

JL may win the Championship with the full backing of Dorna but only cuz the Hondas had EVERYTHING against them, one great rider out for 3 races and one rider became GREAT but that happened too late

Mark - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 2:43 PM

@ Moaner the great, seriously mate build a bridge! Who cares? Stop focusing on what riders say, this is not a personality contest, it's a bike race for f@@@@ sake. In fact all you people whingeing and moaning about what riders say, stop being cry babies and start talking about bikes and racing again! Sheesh!

Damien IE - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 2:45 PM

@ samas

watch the interview back - he said if it had have went full distance he could have won.

i'm not a Stoner hater, i actually think he's pure class talent on a bike and he's proved that but the commentary does not endear me to him, nor many others for that matter.

At 43 I've been watching bikes since a kid so I grew up on the tail end of KrSnr & Sheene up to the 500cc's with Rainey, Schwantz, Gardner, Doohan, Beattie, Sarron Garriga, Puig, Checa etc so know a good pilot when I see one. Stoner is a class act - on the bike

Abhishek - Unregistered

October 21, 2012 2:52 PM

He is the only man to go under the 2 min barrier on a bike early this year at Sepang - something which Jlo and Pedro can only dream of. So when he speaks, everyone should listen and not start moaning.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »