MotoGP » Stoner: I almost didn't race

'I've been trying to avoid all the wet sessions that I can, so I can stay in the best possible shape and dry riding is the best chance for us' - Casey Stoner

Filter Comments: All | Registered

unregistered. - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 4:41 PM

Actually I think Stoner was lucky it rained, I think h is still too weak and wouldn't be able to match Dani and Lorenzo's pace in the dry. If he caught up with Lorenzo in Sepang is because Lorenzo had the soft tyre and had to slow way down towards the end. Maybe I'm wrong but anyway I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Give it up mate - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 10:17 PM

@Rick180268
Casey may or may not have taken 1 second out of dani on the lap that was discounted but that doesn't mean he was going to get anywhere near him by the end of the race.
That one single lap is not part of a consistent run of quicker laps, perhaps dani had a moment or had just slowed slightly because he was far enough in front. Some of you guys need to stop believing everything that comes out of his mouth, most of it is utter sh#*e after all.

AussieNSW

October 23, 2012 1:54 AM

@Tetly
Why did stoner leave Duc? MONEY. why did rossi leave Yam? MONEY.why did JLO stay with Yam? MONEY.I dont know how long you have been following GP but you dont know too much about what riders are in GP for,and if you think they are in it for fun you are a bigger dreamer than I thaught.

WylieCoyote

October 23, 2012 2:13 AM

So Casey is going to earn far more money working on his farm in Australia then he would doing another season of two of MotoGP? Not all riders are in it for the money or change teams for money. I don't know how long you have been watching MotoGP but yo are so far wrong on this assumption I can only assume it was yesterday.

dacron

October 23, 2012 3:30 AM

they are all there because racing was what they started out doing as kids , these guys just happened to be good enough to get to the top , the money is an added bonus rather than a goal i think.
stoner left ducati because his dream was to ride a repsol honda , repsol honda gave him an offer and he took it , he gave ducati 4 years of happy times which turns out to be most of his motogp career , suppo is a great friend and supporter of stoner and planned to get him to honda anyway.

Tetley

October 23, 2012 12:22 PM

" Stoner won 3 of the last five races on the bike he handed Rossi, and was second at Valencia, and IIRC posted the fastest lap there. Two days later, Rossi showed that he couldn't ride it anywhere near as quick as Stoner. He realised right then and there that the bike was a long way from where he could win with it. Posted by True Fan"
I can't argue with that, except to say that a comparison between a rider with several seasons experience on the bike versus a rider testing it for the first time is not a direct comparison. But yes, I think VR46 had the real wake-up call which his followers anticipated, and dreaded.

Tetley

October 23, 2012 12:36 PM

"...MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.I dont know how long you have been following GP but you dont know too much about what riders are in GP for,and if you think they are in it for fun you are a bigger dreamer than I thaught. Posted by AussieNSW"
I don't agree that money is at the root of all decisions made by top class MotoGP riders. Winning is what motivates them, and once established most would settle for lower pay to get on a winning bike. Many riders race for no pay.
I think it is obvious which riders are getting fun from their choice, and which riders are never happy.
How long have I been interested? Let's just say I got my bike licence 52 years ago, and since then I have seen Hailwood, Read, Redman, McIntyre, Duke, Dunlop and countless other stars race LIVE. How about you ?

« 5 6 7 8 9