MotoGP » Ben Spies out of Australian MotoGP?

"It's amazing how I'm supposed to be quiet about my injuries 'till something formal goes out, but when I get back to the hotel everyone knows?" - Ben Spies.

Stevegp

October 22, 2012 2:33 PM

Don't right of Ben yet ok he didn't fit right in to the factory team he has had a bad year but the rest of his career has been great but his rise was rapid he has the talent the best thing for him is to step back and rise to the top at his own pace good luck Ben

Darkwaknight

October 22, 2012 2:38 PM

Gotta say Bens year has been sooooo bad and sooooo dismal, that I would go as far as to say he has been the biggest disappointment EVER in the top class!!
I know some has been technical and what not but I cannot remember another time a factory rider as had no poles and no podiums (even sete and his dismal bad luck year in 06 managed a stupendous Mugello Podium) and some great races, Ben has been all at sea all year.

I think getting away from Yamaha and starting with no pressure next year at Ducati is for sure his last chance but it could be just what he needs!! Good luck ben you are gonna need it if 2012 is anything to go by!! Get well soon!!

matchmaker - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 2:39 PM

I really had high hopes for Ben Spies, and I think he did good in his first year on satelite bike. This year on factory machinery he has been a huge dissapointment. You cant waste oppertuneties like the one he got this year. Underperforming to the level he has done will severely damage his career. I suspect a future of mediocrity for the American.

Would have been intresting to see what the current WSBK champion could do on a factory Yamaha for the last rounds of the season.

separated

October 22, 2012 2:40 PM

People speak as if his year at Tech 3 was good, it wasn't that good. In 2011 he did not improve at all from his Tech 3 year, and this year with the new tyres he has been embarrassing.

Ben's name will be up there with Colin Edwards and Troy Bayliss - good enough for superbikes but not good enough for MotoGP.

Killakaw4life - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 2:42 PM

Very sorry to see Ben go down and out for the season though only two races left. I personally believe there is some back door stuff we don't know about. Yes I'm a true Ben fan but something just isn't right. Even when he was in wsbk there were unexplainable failures. Whether the tech team or a person in the team or Yamaha makes mistakes, someone is responsible. Yes, Ben has made mistakes so not all falls were due to someone else. I just hope he gets a whole new tech team at Ducati, preferably some of Casey's old crew. Also hope he gets true full on factory support.

As for the last two rides for his bike, I also say put Josh Hayes on the bike. He has absolutely destroyed the AMA field. And won the championship the last couple of years. I think Yamaha should reward him with the ride. He has definitely earned it.

smezzer - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 2:43 PM

Just like a great number of other excellent riders comiming into Moto Gp they have such a short time to to settle and once that bad luck ball starts rolling there are people looking for re-placements.Hope he manages to make some good luck for himself next year,he,s good enough.

Killakaw4life - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 2:50 PM

Separate, I think his tech 3 year was good. This year sucked but I just said how I feel about that. You may be right about wsbk vs motogp. Though I still think they need weight limits to help equal the field. I don't care who you are, line up next to a lighter person on same machinery and sack the throttle. Lighter guy will walk away. Right or wrong?

I personally would have liked to see him back in wsbk on competitive machinery. Motogp isn't for everyone but wsbk is on par with motogp in my eyes as far as talent and competition. Actually much better in several ways. I'd rather be fighting for a win than playing follow the leader with only 3 passes during the entire races after lap 2!

matchmaker - Unregistered

October 22, 2012 2:53 PM

Seperated, Troy Bayliss is class, and way above Edwarts. His period in GP was on a developing ducati that never was a championship challanging bike. And the Sito Pons Honda was a satelite machine. However. When he got the chance to race decent machinery he won in Valenica 2006

« 1 2 3  »