MotoGP » Casey Stoner: 'The best man will win'

"I have a huge respect for both of them and the best man will win" - Casey Stoner.

mayi - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 8:41 AM

stick an extra 10kilos on dani's on his back and make him wear 4in platform boots, see how fast he is then. The guy has an unfair advantage over normal size riders. Time a minimum rider and bike weight was introduced before we end up with midget racing

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

October 23, 2012 8:55 AM

I'm a huge Rossi fan ... but I agree that Pedrosa has been the better racer for 2012! Lorenzo is leading with points and he is taking it easier to win the championship, but I don't like it when a racer "settles" for 2nd! Not when you do have the package to challenge for the top step. Your fight shouldn't be over till the chequred flag waves :)

GSXR1000 - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 8:55 AM

re: "I have an advantage of 23 points. Of course if I crash in Australia the situation will change"

that, or some dolt crashes into you or you scatter a crossplane.
Posted by shamarone (4 hours ago)

Didn't Jorge take himself out at Philip Island when he ran into the back of Nicky Hayden?

Tar Macadam - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 8:59 AM

Turn 3 is indeed being named after Stoner.
For most of the season the corner will be closed as it will be a bit iffy round there and then once in a while it will be open and everyone will declare it the greatest corner in the world...then wonder why it got closed again.

Ron - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 9:08 AM

Yes Jorge tagged Nicky in 2009, going into turn 1 on lap 1. Jorge ran wide, and went down hard. Nicky stood the bike up went miles off into the gravel trap, and rejoined half a lap down.

@dacron
Nope, Stoner got him on the run down to Honda corner on lap 2 (pedantic? yes)

Seems appropriate that the corner before Honda corner becomes Stoner corner (plus thats an awesome name for a corner)

Racing DNA - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 9:23 AM

ok m going off the topic

I've been following motogp since 2005 n I was watching some old videos n how rossi could dominate the field.

so my question is what is the 'Michelins specials' theory which Rossi received overnight coz of which Rossi cud clean-sweep the track. have heard bout the theory from our crash members. any more info on that? anyone. . .

Racing DNA - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 9:23 AM

ok m going off the topic

Gaz - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 9:26 AM

6 wins each, 1 DNF each.......

Lorenzo 1st or 2nd in every race.

Pedrosa on fire at the moment.

...but can Casey win at P.I.?

Gonna be great to watch and as a Lorenzo fan.....I am going to be as nervous as hell! C'mon Jorge, bring it home.

samas

October 23, 2012 9:55 AM

I believe when it comes to drifting a rear end on a MotoGP bike at PI Casey on the Ducati will never be beaten he's good on the Honda but on the Ducati he was the greatest just ask Vale.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »