MotoGP » Proud Ellison hails best result of season

'I'm so happy for all members of the PBMUK team and already looking forward to my favourite track Phillip Island' - James Ellison

Jon M - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 10:18 AM

First thing I've got to say is that I've never met Ellison but from what I've seen I really like the guy.
I think there's something about him on "The Dr, Tornado, & the Kentucky Kid", plus he features in "I Superbiker" quite a bit.

He seems a great guy who isn't the fastest rider on the planet, but he knows it and makes up for it by working his nuts off in the gym and being the best rider HE can be. Seems to have a great attitude and whilst you wouldn't tip him to be a future champ in any class, he'd make a great teammate as a steady number 2 who sponsors will love.
He deserves a second season on that bike for sure.

jae - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 10:32 AM

Met him at Silverstone when he was racing for gse airwaves Yamaha, one of the nicest guys in the paddock, definitely deserves a few results this year. Well done James let's hope you can replicate it.

Sponsor - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 11:10 AM

James has won many races and five championships .more than most riders . He was fast in the sepangrace . I know there were a lot if fallers but he kept his cool and was on the chase . What did the commentators do go and see crutchlow instead because he fell off .

RSMick

October 23, 2012 11:36 AM

5 Seconds from Espargaro and 1 in front of Abraham, however I think the latter is just turning up and riding round till he can throw that heap back at Ducati.
However I don't think James will be riding in GP next year.

Localboy - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 12:03 PM

JRA 80cc 3rd championship 1995
ACU Clubmans 125champion 1996
CB500 Champion 1998 (9wins of 11 races)
World Superstock Champion 2000 + 2001
World Endurance Champion 2003
Suzuka 8hr 1st in class 4th overall 2003
BSB Privateers Champion 2004
BSB runner up 2009 with 16podiums 4wins
Finished top 4 in WSBK races, podiums in WSS!
The kid can ride and is not there just to make up numbers,
racing is a TEAM effort don't always be quick
to blame riders for results especially when you
consider their track record!
Keep it up James!!

Sweeble - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 1:24 PM

Really like James, like his attitude and like the fact that he's really fast, but to my mind he seems more at home on a Superbike or Supersport. Trying to do something good in MotoGP given the stage in his career and nationality politics there just looks like a big ask and I reckon he could find a happy home at FIXI Suzuki in WSBK. It'll be interesting to see what Shakey can do on the PB MotoGP bike next season as a comparison.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 1:46 PM

I hope James keeps his ride with PBMUK - he is a solid, reliable and hard working rider who has performed well for the team. It would be sensible to keep his experience in the team and he could be a big help to whoever is chosen to be his team mate.

I have met him and he is absolutely charming and a credit to the sport.

@Sweeble - I think Shakey will be in BSB again - just a guess based on him saying that's what he would prefer to do.

roadking03 - Unregistered

October 23, 2012 2:40 PM

I believe James can ride the wheels off of any bike...the problem is the owner doesn't put the money in place to build a proper race machine..Alex and Randy are getting the support from Aprilla, not PBM..so James is doing the best he can with what he has...RACE ON ELLISON #77 doing a great job mate

1 2  »