MotoGP » Phillip Island 'special and unique' says Rossi

'It's a track that a rider has to love. Racing a MotoGP bike there is a lot of fun, but it was a difficult weekend for us last year' - Valentino Rossi

Filter Comments: All | Registered

DB8

October 24, 2012 10:56 AM

Ok, I don't get the same enjoyment just witnessing the spectacle of these bikes tearing around and around and around, but if thats what the real "spectacle" is, they should just pack up on a saturday and head home after qualifying.

I wouldn't be turning up though, and I wouldn't be alone.

V5Stroker - Unregistered

October 24, 2012 10:58 AM

If its dry expect a parade of Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo,a big gap, Dovi , Bautista, Crutchlow, Bradl....If its rains, a procession of Stoner, Pedrosa, JLO, Rossi,Dovi,Bautista, Crutchlow,:hayden,Bradl, and race stop at lap 16....Expect a cracking Moto3 and Moto2 race...m

WylieCoyote

October 24, 2012 11:04 AM

I do believe they had bigger crowds back in the old days when the winning margins were huge. The majority of the spectators were probably bike riders themselves. I doubt if I represent only 10% of the viewing public. The TV coverage where they mute the sounds of the bikes removes part of the pleasure. Some of the best spectating is on test days when you can hear them at all parts of the track. I even have records of Motorcycle sounds released by the BBC in the 1960s! The Moto 2 and Moto 3 are close because the bikes are the same. If we had a grid of only RSV212s or Yamaha's the races would be closer but oh so boring....

Chilli Dog - Unregistered

October 24, 2012 11:05 AM

Sorry Dacron, but I've found that I've only been watching the GP recently in case something does happen and I miss it. Any rider could declare the GP boring and I'd sadly agree.

Thankfully the Moto 2 and the Moto 3 classes (not to mention the British and World Superbikes) have provided some excellent racing this year.

DB8

October 24, 2012 11:11 AM

@wylie, can I call round to your house for a party then? You could stick on your motorcycle sounds collection and I could maybe put paint on a wall and watch it dry. It'll be a blast!

Only messing with you. I understand what you're saying, but most people nowadays, in the 21st century, would prefer close racing

bring it - Unregistered

October 24, 2012 11:20 AM

@there ther now

um, i was not referring to say Rossi has won more then casey at the Isl, as i did not even Mention Casey. just a stat of how many he was won there,

you say how many has Rossi won at PI since casey, well that's quite obvious since casey has won there the last 5 years..

so what is your point exactly. ?

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

October 24, 2012 11:41 AM

Wylie, I agree! A motorcycling fan (as opposed to those who watch for the personalities involved) could listen to a single bike lapping at race speed around a track all day. I have been fortunate to be at PI during testing quite a few years ago and being able to just listen and hear the resonnance and echoing of just one bike at a time around the track on an otherwise quiet day is magical. It's not racing but hell it can make your hair stand on end.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »