MotoGP » Stoner: Ankle worse but it won't affect me

“The ankle is definitely worse than when I first came back. I'm having a lot more trouble just getting around, but I don't think it will affect me on the bike” - Casey Stoner.

Rick180268

October 25, 2012 8:48 PM

@Ringato Reevus here's a fact for you . Since Casey has been on a works bike and by that I mean since 2007 (I will not count his rookie year on a Satalite Honda) since then he has won 2 world championships . Now since Rossi has been around a lot longer I will count his time on the grid with Stoner, Rossi also has 2world championships and 22 race wins ,now that's quite a lot short of Caseys win rate and Rossi has never been on a bad bike. Now don't say the Yamaha was a bad bike when he went there because I was not ,it was however a lot harder to ride the previous year before Yamaha made the Big Bang engine for Rossi coming that year that alone made it a much easier bike to ride than what Max Biaggi had. So I would say with confidence that yes Stoner is the greatest of his time

46cult - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 9:24 PM

Rossi still can't do anything on a championship winning bike. So now he crawls back to Yamaha after being too scared to race head to head with Lorenzo. Stoner will retire at the top. Lorenzo and Pedrosa will keep winning and nothing will change next year for Rossi or his fans.

JFK - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 10:19 PM

Go for it Casey and enjoy it

When you retire you can laugh at Rossi like we do and remember when Rossi
Had to blocked you from joining Yamaha in 06
Had to cut a corner to beat you in LS08
Had to build a WALL to block his TEAM mate
Had to leave Yamaha in 2010 due to his TEAM mate
Had to destroy the winning Ducati you handed him
Had to blame eveyone for him not winning a single race in two years while even the Sat bikes got podiums
Had to blame the 5 lead riders for making MotoGP boring
Had to run back to Yamaha and his blaming game will start all over again.
Had LCTanner and Co miss school so they can continue to post anti EVERYONE WHO CAN BEAT ROSSI post

Now that you retire (unlike HIS quitting) you can get on Crash and laugh at him and his fanboyz clowns

OWNED@Phillip Island - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 10:23 PM

What's all this then? Stoner felt good enough last week to say he could have beaten Dani at Sepang if it wasn't for Lorenzo waving the white flag because he chose the wrong tyres. What happened since then?

Was that just another veiled dig at Dani because he's been getting too much attention while Stoner was layed up in Walkabout Creek?

Lowering peoples expectations isn't a bad idea but Stoner at 75% is still worth a bet IMO.

Rick180268

October 25, 2012 10:42 PM

isnt it funny when the Rossi fans know the real facts about race wins and championships they resort to moaning about moaning. Admit it boys your Rossi facts dont compare when they are measured up in equal time

Banjo - Unregistered

October 26, 2012 12:16 AM

Casey's probably got the most raw talent of anyone out there in my opinion....he can ride anything with two wheels....he'll be missed next year...and as for the excuse remarks you've probably no nothing of a ankle and ligament injury, it's no joke... It will effect him the rest of his life more than likely....carry on Casey, cheers mate!!! I'm guessing you guys sport rainbow colors like 46....

PS- I'm a Rossi fan myself, many props

Objective - Unregistered

October 26, 2012 1:59 AM

Stoner is, and has been, riding against doctors orders. They told him that it would take 6 months to heal properly. By riding injured he is causing more damage and possibly increasing the likelihood of permanent damage.

He is doing this to give his Aussie fans one last chance to see to race and to possibly capture a 6th win at PI which even he concedes is not likely.

I don't particularly like Stoner but I do admire him for his grit and talent. I also like the fact that he is leaving the sport on his own terms and without the sorts of injuries Mick Doohan has sustained.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »