MotoGP » Valencia test to offer 'clearer idea' for Rossi

“Sincerely I don't know what I can do next year. Maybe I will have a clearer idea after the first test in Valencia” - Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

October 25, 2012 12:08 PM

Rossi might not be as fast as Lorenzo on the Yamaha or Pedrosa on the Honda because they are very quick right now and they are use to their machines already, but I do believe Rossi will be close. I believe he'll be in the top 3 or 4 for the first test. He is still young enough and he has huge talent, especially riding the Japanese bikes! I'm looking forward to MotoGP 2013 and I think Marquez is going to be a big contender as well on the factory Honda :)

True fan - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 1:05 PM

@Lance, you are normally one of the proponents of blind Rossi adulation on here, how come this post is so balanced?

Anyway, Rossi has been humbled, and is maybe a bit older and wiser now. Sure he wants to win, but he knows Dani and Jorge have lifted their game while he has discovered failure for the first time in his career. He may or may not not be a better rider as a result.

Personally, I'd have respected him if he stuck it out with Ducati and won some races for them, but he is only human, and good luck to him.

Marquez will be hit and miss until he learns how to deal with an extra 90 or so hp, and the higher level of competition, but he has talent.

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

October 25, 2012 1:55 PM

@ True fan

I think my comments are always balanced unless I'm just being sarcastic. I'm a huge Rossi fan but I also have great respect for all the other riders. Lorenzo has matured into a really great guy and his talent with experience has increased. Pedrosa has has better luck for 2012 regarding no injuries and Stoner has proved that only he could ride the Ducati to the top step of the podium. I still don't like Stoner's personality but I respect his race craft. I also believe Rossi has been humbled but he still has talent, more championships and will be back on a race winning (for him anyway - compared to the Ducati) Yamaha for 2013. At least we will have 4 riders fighting for the wins - Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa & Marquez. It is a pity the Ducati is a one man bike, but even Stoner suffered on it after 2007 :)

Westminister - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 2:04 PM

The testing will be interesting.
What the effect on rossi's confidence if Marquez is quicker during testing will be?

val has rightly been criticised by the media for lack of results ie not winning a race on the Ducati.

The move to yamaha is a positive for Rossi, the concern remains what does he do if unable to match the "Spanish Trifecta" of Lorenzo, Pedrosa & Marquez.

Whatever happens it is another season of motoGP to enjoy, perhaps the start of a great Moto GP career for marquez.

Bluey - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 2:18 PM

Say what you want about Valentino, but he is a racer through and through. old school. call me old fashioned, but that's the kind of champion i want to see. he'll go out in style even if he never wins another race.

beatz - Unregistered

October 25, 2012 2:25 PM

Marquez is going to be nowhere near the front! I predict a stoner style first season for him. As in hes going to be in the gravel trap upsidedown more oftern than not.
Hopefully it will humble him, cause right now he comes across as a massive self centered bellend.

1 2 3  »