MotoGP » Stoner wins, Pedrosa falls, Lorenzo champion

Casey Stoner wins the Australian MotoGP at Phillip Island, Jorge Lorenzo is world champion.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Vicarious Racer - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 4:41 PM

@suzuki whateveryourname is

whinging poms eh!
Just to set the record straight at age 14 Casey's family HAD to move (come home) to the UK so he could hone his racecraft with the grown ups. That in my book makes him an honorary Brit. Our hospitality knows no bounds!! We'll take whoever we can get!

go_vale - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Plenty of Rossi haters here, but what can you say about the JLo and DP racing level, when a retired, half plastered guy who almost didn't raced for the last 3 months comes back and kicks their butts like that ?!

With Rossi out of competition and Casey injured, this season's "battle" between JLo and DP looks like a joke ...

amakusa

October 28, 2012 10:44 AM

Pedrosa probably studied what Stoner was doing n probably thot he could do the same thing. Apparently not. Stoner knows where he can lose the front n save it, he knows the track so well. Thats the difference, in my opinion. Just like Khairul did at Malaysia, he knows where he can go too fast n where he cant.

Fox44

October 28, 2012 9:14 AM

To the Stoner is a quitter brigade, - Put yourself in his position, you have achieved everything there is to achieve in your career, you have enough money never to have to work again if you so choose, you have a young family you want to spend time with.
He is fortunate to be in the position where he can make the decision to leave,any criticism is totally unwarranted. If the majority of the Muppets who post on here calling him a quitter or coward, were able to quit what they do for a living, and thereafter do whatever they liked, how many would be back in work on Monday?

By the way I'm not an Aussie, I'm one of the "whinging" poms referred to earlier in this thread by some ignoramus who seems to have a big chip on his shoulder.

JFK - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:45 AM

Casey JL and Dani gave us a great season

Honda offered Casey $15m to race one more year and he said no, he stayed true to his word and commitment

JL is a very smart rider and showed that today he is righgtfully the Champ.

Dani, a great rider who win never win a WC, sad but looks to be true.

ZN - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:42 AM

What a boring motoGP!

When Pedrosa fall, and Rossi on seventh place, I know it is time for us to fall a sleep. So I sleep.

I just woke up and the results shows I was not wrong to go to sleep. Stoner first then Lorenzo, and Rossi in seventh place. No change.

What a show.

Andre - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:38 AM

Congratulations, Stoner! I as a fan am so proud of you! 6 times in a row, amazing!
Yet, at the same time i'm so sad because you decided to retire. Motogp won't be the same without you. To me, you're one of the greatest, regardless what people say about you. I hope you change your mind and stay. And if you can't come back in 2014, i hope you'll come back in 2015. I can only hope.

Guy - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:21 AM

By the way...Nakamoto (HRC viceprez) was mad!! Oh my, what a long face. I just hope Dani takes this and turn it upside down to make him stronger, because he has everything to be a champion.

1 2 3 4  »