MotoGP » 'Fairytale' final home win for Casey Stoner

“It was very important for me to win a race before I retire and to do it at my home grand prix was just fairytale" - Casey Stoner.

2cents - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 10:19 PM

@an4rew

I'll save you the trouble of re-reading the article

"My biggest congratulations to Jorge, he's ridden an almost perfect season finishing 1st or 2nd when possible..."

billywiz - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 10:24 PM

Great win by Stoner yesterday, no doubt about it. Cant stand the bloke though personally. I cant help but think that this retirement stuff is, in his mind some kind of punishment to the Moto GP establishment and fans for not giving him the respect that he thinks he doesnt get. I thought the worse example was complaining that the marshalls didnt help him pick his bike up but if it had been "you know who" then they would have helped him.
Still I supose he must have thought, have I got five World championships in me? probably not, so I will leave and let everyone think I could have done it if I wanted to. Smacks of Narcissism to me.

Giveway - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 10:43 PM

@ Bilywiz

Casey isn't retiring for any other reason than his own feelings, that's all he needs. His decisions in life are or no concern to anybody else's, fans or otherwise. Case in point, who would want to be in a place where you didn't get support or where you got "booed". It's a shame that MotoGP is less and less an international sport, all due to some very biased fans who think a clowns personality comes first. If you aren't European, you won't be getting much fan support. There is far too much evidence of this. Which is why MotoGP isn't what it used to be.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 11:01 PM

Is he now 4th on all-time premier class winners list?
I believe this win now puts him ahead of Hailwood.
If so, that's a wonderful achievement and another kick in the pants for the haters.
Drawing comparisons, I think in 3,4 or even 5 years time he could still compete successfully knowing that his natural ability is so high and I don't see the class evolving too much with Ezpeleta at the helm.

samas

October 29, 2012 12:17 AM

@Aussie,
Gday mate just up I had more than a few Bushmills yesterday to celebrate yesterday.
I meant every word Casey looks good on a Honda but man he looked fantastic on the Ducati, and at the Island he was shear poetry in motion how I would love to to see him throw his leg over that beast and once more show the whole world how to ride a Ducati.
As for LC well I seen some Brit put in a post saying how ashamed he was and lo and behold it was deleted within a few minutes.

Never say never

October 29, 2012 1:38 AM

Hey Wylie.
Enjoy reading your comments but you should not have allowed yourself to be baited into writing the last comment in response to LC.
Your better than that, and he is an unregistered poster, which makes it worse. Sorry bud, no more aye.

samas

October 29, 2012 1:43 AM

@Wylie.
True mate true.
While looking at comments on crash I've also got the tv on and just heard an announcement for an upcoming program no names no pack drill but this program is about someone who is famous for being famous I have no idea why this person is famous they have done nothing to the best of my knowledge to receive such attention, and here we have someone who can ride a motorbike like no other and by some fans he's considered a nobody and most likely by the general public never even heard of,but it's not only him there are a lot of over achievers whom no one has ever heard of,sad really.

SPEEDTRIPLLL - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 4:33 AM

Well done Jorje......sorry, Casey still rules the roost at this planet of aliens. Perhaps he can have a year off and return to claim another title....or will he just go and raise the profile of the aussie V8 championship. Either way he is still The Man.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »