MotoGP » 'Fairytale' final home win for Casey Stoner

“It was very important for me to win a race before I retire and to do it at my home grand prix was just fairytale" - Casey Stoner.

Worsethanoob - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 11:16 AM

@truefan
Please do not tell me about valentinos reliance on electronics,lest we forget on the proper any tyres,adequate fuel 500s and 1000s,where the controls went through cables,not ECUs Rossi made his competitors look silly!
When casey was riding the earlier ducatis frequently the tech people on Eurosport would say how ahead of the rest the dukes ECU was and it was evident in the way casey rode the bike.
I've seen him at circuit,crack the throttle wide mid corner and all he got was a strangled noise till he hit the fat part of the tyre then pow off the bike went with a howl.
I'm no mug,whilst I like vale he's an old man now and he's gonna struggle for every result,but having seen what he is capable of that is why I don't count sober as any sort of deity

The truth hurts. - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 11:21 AM

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Stop stirring.
Total and utter domination by Stoner from the start of the weekend to the finish.He truly is the master of Phillip Island.In the last 6 years he has raced 162 laps around this track and has lead for 160 of them!
Awesome performance in every way.

Me - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 11:27 AM

Casey owns this place, Jorge did what he said he would and followed Casey home at took the championship.
Its a shame Casey is going next year it would have been great to see the 4 aliens mixing it again.
Marc Marques has some big boots to fill at Honda.

samas

October 28, 2012 11:31 AM

@True Fan.
The mechanics his team mates the computers other riders everyone in the pits all say Casey uses little or no TC but you and I know Worsethamoob knows the truth even when he himself says the TC on the Ducati is the worst in the paddock????????When Rossi's riding it that is, cause if it was the best he should be up there.
Oh boy what are all his fans going to say next year, here's a few excuses for next year boys.
Honda is far superior, JLo gets special parts oh and so roes Cal, but if by some some trick Dovi gets up there, well that's the bike that Rossi built.

crutchdog - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 11:58 AM

Oh yeah, well done Stoner, seeing you with your daughter was a great sight and made a good feeling in my house (watching with my son and daughter) Lorenzo, Cal, Pedrosa, Stoner, Rossi and all the racers have so much respect for each other it makes reading the crap on here even more pathetic! Just look at Cal with Caseys baby. Write what you want on here it WILL NEVER change that bond between true competitors. Gonna miss Stoners unatural ability next year, but I won't miss the trolls and dribble on here because I'm off to find some adults to talk to in 2013.

WylieCoyote

October 28, 2012 12:00 PM

Ducati had to have the ECU software rewritten to cater for Stoner's less than anybody else's settings. It is a well documented and oft mentioned fact that Stoner uses far less traction control than other riders. He won over 1000 short track races, where throttle control is the essential skill, before he rode his first road race at 14. He had always got the throttle on before most other riders and this is also mentioned quite often by commentators, including during today's morning warm up. It has nothing to do with electronic throttle control. It is his skill an no matter how much you sprout unsubstantiated tripe about him using lots of TC the evidence, team and expert commentators
say the opposite. They know, you don't. Watching him rear wheel steer you know that can't be done if TC interfered.

jimmyr - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 12:13 PM

anyone who says casey is not a great rider needs to get their head checked,there is no one right now who is willing to do what he does on a bike.The guys doing
the commentary on my channel said that Ben Spies was watching the slow motion replays at his home and he made the comment that he does not understand how casey
does it,Ben was in awe---and so am I even with 20 yrs
of 4-wheel racing to my credit.We'll miss u Casey.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »