MotoGP » 'Fairytale' final home win for Casey Stoner

“It was very important for me to win a race before I retire and to do it at my home grand prix was just fairytale" - Casey Stoner.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

samas

October 28, 2012 2:46 PM

@The truth hurts.
Yea man how did he and only he manage to change horses mid stream and get away with it.
Surely there must have been a contract.
I remember when I first saw him race I said to my son (who couldn't care less about bikes) look at that kid he's only a year older than you, this lad's going places he kept trying too hard and kept dropping it next year he won the 125 WC I really had a lot of time for him and for the next five or six years,I followed him closely however as well as acting the clown he started putting a lot of cr*p on his fellow racers and before you know it he's so far up himself it wasn't funny anymore
Then there were the tyres the wall ect.
Can anyone tell me how he got out of that contract surely there must have been one.

Wesley - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 2:58 PM

I so nearly fell asleep watching the race, how bloody boring!

And Ezpeleta wants to make Motogp into a CRT championship with World Superbike engines and wants to dumb down the very exciting World Superbikes by turning them into superstock bikes (with fake headlights) with faster bikes in BSB.

Get the European Union's competition commission on Dorna's case!

True Fan - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 3:25 PM

@samas "...how did he and only he manage to change horses mid stream and get away with it.
Surely there must have been a contract...."

The Chinese say "a contract is only a pause in the negotiations".

You also underestimate charisma. It not only has great value, it has great power. With charisma, you have market power. With charisma, you can make vague emotional threats. How can a mere contract stand in the face of overwhelming charisma? Simple - it can't.

Admittedly, I am making this up as I go along, but that's how we charismatic people honour our contracts. If Yamaha had a spare bike this year, you can bet that Ducati would have had a spare seat pretty quickly too. And it might have been a good thing, and would have saved 5 or 10 million Euros that could be spent reverting the Ducaha back into a proper Ducati and maybe fixing the root cause of the problems.

True Fan - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 3:36 PM

@rca In 2007, Bridgestones appeared to help at some tracks, Michelins at others. For example, Sachsenring. Stoner and Hopkins, both riding on Bridgestones ended the race almost riding on treacle, so bad were the Bridgestones. Yet Capirossi, on Bridgestone Soft compound tyres, passed both of them after half race distance, and may have come second (IIRC). The Michelins had no issues there, and th race was won by Rossi, who could have run another 10 laps on his tyres.

It was probably about 7 or 8 tracks where Bridgestones were better to 6 or 7 tracks where Michelins were better, and 3 or 4 wet races, where tyres were line ball.

True Fan - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 3:41 PM

Minor correction to last post. I don't think Rossi won that race. He won at Assen in 07, and that was either the race before or the race after Sachsenring. Rossi didn't do a back to back. It was someone else who won.
I wouldn't want to offend a Rossi fan...

JAS - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 3:51 PM

Congratulations Casey and Jorge.

After seeing Casey his wife and child (pre Podium)

I think his comment to "The Haters" would be,
"Do I Look Boffered"

Looking forward to a GREAT RACE at Valencia.

Haters are such a Sad Inadequate Bunch!!

Faster - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 4:10 PM

The sooner this whinger leaves the better, he will be well suited in V8 Supercars where they are all a bunch of old women complaining when things dont go their way...good riddance and please dont return...you are a sook...but you can certainly ride a motorcycle

Vicarious Racer - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 4:26 PM

Another Masterclass!!
I would suggest he could make a fortune selling most of his racing footage as training videos to help up and coming racers but as Ben Spies and others have said, when you see Casey's slomo shots it's still impossible to work out how he does what he does, and would probably be too dangerous for mere mortals to try anyway.
BTW if you want personality watch a chat show, if you want racing watch Casey, sadly only replays after this year.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »