MotoGP » Casey Stoner: I’ll be at Valencia

“I can't ask for a better way to end my career in Australia, but at the same time I'm not finishing here” – Casey Stoner.

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

October 30, 2012 3:25 AM

With title for 2012 over, I'm hoping for a really great race between Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner with nothing to lose now. It's the home track to both Lorenzo & Pedrosa (being in Spain) and so they are racing for pride in front of their fans while it is Stoner's last race in MotoGP. It should be epic :)

Seagull - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 4:03 AM

Last-piece-of-the-pie race in 2012.. Gonna be exciting and unique as well if Stoner wins, cos that'll make 6 wins for each of the top 3 riders..
Bring on valencia!

Nate Doggius - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 4:39 AM

Hmm...
We may see him back one day In Motogp but it'll most likely be on a Honda, a distant second and third being Yamaha and Suzuki.
I think Ducati burnt that bridge fairly comprehensively.
Stoner was always wry sensitive and talk from the paddock had always been how offended he was by ducatis lack of support when he was riding while being ill through most of 2009. He's a touchy fellow so I doubt we'll ever see him on a duc again.

Stavros - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 4:41 AM

After winning In front of his home fans I doubt Stoner will be 'laying it on the line' at Valencia. Pedrosa and Lorenzo will be going all out no doubt, where I think Stoner will prefer to make sure he still has full use of both legs headed into retirement. He was able to dominate without taking too many risks at the island, he would need to be 100% fit to do the same thing at Valencia I think.

Nate Doggius - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 4:44 AM

I'm sorry Stavros but have you seen Stoner ride?
I'm pretty sure he'll be going balls to the wall.
If nothing he'd love to be able to say that he had as many wins as Lorenzo for this season.

True Fan - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 5:13 AM

@Nate Doggius - Agree with your comments re Ducati and Stoner. The management at Ducati snookered themselves. It could be at least partly why Livio left too. Stoner liked the people that did all the hard work at Ducati, but the management proved they were in cloud cookoo land. It's a pity.

Anyway, he is smart to leave while he's still able to win races.

Seagull - Unregistered

October 30, 2012 5:20 AM

@Nate
Agreed.. And i particularly remember ducati's dismissal of Stoner's lactose intolerance, which seems to have left a hole in his heart. I don't know exactly how severe the one that Stoner had, but my old man used to suffer from it too, each time he drank his milk, he felt sick and threw up minutes later.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »