MotoGP » Casey Stoner: I’ll be at Valencia

“I can't ask for a better way to end my career in Australia, but at the same time I'm not finishing here” – Casey Stoner.

Codger

October 31, 2012 11:37 AM

I thought that the rules say that a rider mustn't gain an advantage by going off track.
Rossi overcooked it into the corner, entered it in front of Casey, ran off the track, and then came back on still in front. Nothing wrong with that, is there.

Casey started that race confident of a win, after all he was .5 of a second a lap faster. He didn't get the win and was disappointed, nothing wrong with that either.

Blame me - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 11:41 AM

@Codger

Hector - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 12:39 PM

@getyourfactsright
Stoner was offered $15m to race one more year and declined it. It was the most Honda had offered to any driver or rider and he said , no thank you.

This is a widely reported fact

Nate Doggius - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 1:46 PM

correct.
It was in the news, head of Honda racing got approval to offer Stoner $15mil to stay one more year. The most ever offered any Honda employee. Including button.
Stoner refused.

Pam

October 31, 2012 1:57 PM

I can't believe people think pushing a bike to it's limits is not what it's all about. That is totally what it's all about. Who would you rather watch race Gilles Villeneuve or Alain Prost? I know what most people's answer would be and it's not the professor. There is no denying that Rossi has done more for motogp than any other rider, in that regard he has no peers, but I don't think number titles is what makes you the greatest ever. I've never seen a poll or article written saying Schumacher is the best F1 driver ever, that would be Senna. As it stands now, most of the current riders all say Stoner is the best they've seen. I'll take their for it.

Codger

October 31, 2012 3:12 PM

"I would agree if Rossi himself didn't own up to making a mistake and openly saying it was wrong and outside the rules, but what would he know that his fanboys wouldn't"

Where did Rossi say that he broke the rules, do you have the link?

What is it that his fanboys are saying that you and Rossi disagree with?

Codger

October 31, 2012 3:20 PM

Pam, there have been a few riders over the years that rang the necks of their bikes, and none of them really reached heights we would expect. Funny that the ones who spring to mind are all from the Antipodes....Gardner, Bayliss, Stoner. All of them made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when they were in full flow.

Boner - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 3:25 PM

Right now...the most awaited event is Valentino testing the Yamaha at Valencia...millions of fans and haters watching him swing a leg over that M1...that is the most awaited thing right now...I wonder how Jorge would feel having the same sponsors on his bike whom Vale is bringing along with him...that too a number 2 rider funding his team..:)

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »