MotoGP » Casey Stoner: I’ll be at Valencia

“I can't ask for a better way to end my career in Australia, but at the same time I'm not finishing here” – Casey Stoner.

samas

October 31, 2012 1:21 AM

@Slide Rules.
I also would really love to see Casey on the Ducati one more time, some of his races like others I have seen in my lifetime are imbedded in my mind.
would love to see him own the current Ducati.

Seagull - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 2:36 AM

If gp winners were to be placed on a par with the legendary James Bond characters, my no 1 James Bond would be 'Mike the Bike' Hailwood. Were he still alive and were riding for ducati, i believe he would put the duc on the top podium on a regular basis, and a WC for him wouldn't be impossible at all!
And, tbh, my second James Bond would be Casey Stoner, too bad he retired much too prematurely! :)
*disagree, please... :)

Giveway - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 3:57 AM

@Pam - "I don't know Dacron. I was just looking at race wins for the last 10 years. In the early and mid 2000's it was the Rossi show. I don't have the percentages, but he must won 80 percent of the races in a year. 2006 was wide open and oddly considered by many one of the worst years ever. And since then, no single rider has really dominated the win tally, it's been the 4 bigs. Take a look."

Pam, are you referring to the time when Rossi and Honda were getting "special Treatment" in the early 2000? I suspect you are, in which case you have to understand what those "wins" mean...

WylieCoyote

October 31, 2012 4:26 AM

Here we go. More idiots saying Casey is a complainer and moaner. Give me a damn example that I can't find similar coming from the mouths of Rossi or others! It is the stupidest accusation made against the bloke. If you watched the Aussie documentary on Stoner this week you would have seen how petulant and sooky Rossi is. He was genuinely upset at Stoner's "outweighed your talent" comment. Probably cried for a week because not everybody loves him. Stoner was OK with Rossi until he started putting down the Ducati factory and their efforts to give him the bike he asked for. Until Rossi's rant against Ducati earlier this year I had never heard a negative word from Stoner about him. Stoner loved Ducati and the people he worked with there. He always wanted to race for Repsol Honda and took the opportunity when it arose but I think his heart is with the Italian factory.

Nick - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 5:34 AM

Stoner is one of the best of all time no doubt but not the best.. he gave up the opportunity to prove so, quitting too soon but I respect his for that, putting his family ahead of his achievements.. I am sure Simonchelli's death last year has some role it this too.

@WylieCoyote.. CS has been whining and saying thing about Rossi since he was beaten in 2008 Laguna Seca, just couldn't take it!

Robwal - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 6:33 AM

Nick, What a nonsense argument.

You either have the ability to ride ANY bike better than ANYONE ever has or you don't.

Riders past and present simply could not push a bike to it's limits the way Casey does.

herewego - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 8:20 AM

So what does having the ability to push a bike to it's limits mean when it comes to winning world titles?? Nothing seemingly!!
And, why would Casey not be racing at Valencia? What would be the point in not?? Casey will regret his decision to retire and come back thinking he can just carry on where he left, take back all the comments he made and the reasons he retired in the first place and come out with some more drivel, something Casey has shown he is very good at!!

herewego - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 8:32 AM

@ WylieCoyote, where the hell have you been for the last 7 years?? Casey slagged off Ducati when he left them stating on of the reasons was that they didn't have enough sympathy for his lactose intolerance! He called Valentino a dirty rider and a cheat after Laguna Seca 2008! He has slated Valentino loads of times for all sorts of silly things, even sulking because he didn't think Valentino gave him enough praise when he won the title! I could go on and on because it is this very reason that people dislike Casey Stoner - not because of his racing, because of his childish attitude! Valentino had every right to be annoyed when Casey insulted him with the "amb ition outweighing talent" jibe - Valentino has won 9 world titles, at the time Casey had won 1 !!!! Casey Stoner has a massive chip on his shoulder and seems to be Valentino Rossi that still gets to him for some reason even you could work out!!!!

Lance DD - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 8:36 AM

Oh Mr herwego... you such a joker

You know, If life was fair, Elvis would still be alive and the impersonators would be dead and Rossi would win everything.

Life not fair nor Rossi a GOAT or Stoner coming back or you smart

Thats Life, so enjoy it without the need for your drivel

Thereyago - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 8:38 AM

Honda didn't seem too worried about Stoners personality or PR skills when they offered him the biggest salary ever made to ANY racer including FI to remain in MotoGP..maybe they know something you dont ?

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »