MotoGP » Moto3: Vinales granted second chance

'I could have settled for a good result and think of the championship, but I wanted to win' - Maverick Vinales

SwissJudge

October 31, 2012 6:37 PM

I love Eurosport's dedication to motorcycles, but I really wish I didn't have to listen to those two week in, week out, lecturing us like we're all a bunch of idiots.

Posted by Sidthekid

It may surprise you if you learn't what the target market is for the commentators. The target market is full of dummies and a lot of people who have english as their second language. Personaly I preferr to watch motoGP on an Italian channel.

Tetley

October 31, 2012 8:17 PM

Before any Crash contributor criticises Eurosports commentators, they should try and talk for just 5 minutes on any subject which they choose, without pausing, without swearing, without repeating themselves, without umming and aaarrring and errring and without using the phrase "yes/no I mean ...". The critics would then understand and appreciate why, during several hours of commentating over every day of a racing weekend, Toby and Jules sometimes get a bit off-topic, and why they sometimes venture to debate a topic with a variety of "what if" scenarios during frequent periods when there is nothing occurring on-track worth mentioning.
In fact, never mind 5 minutes, I bet they can't even do 2 minutes without faltering.

gsxr1000 - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 9:27 PM

I agree with SwissJudge

I enjoy watching the stream on an Italian & other non english channels because the commentators are really excited about the action or moments that happen during the race!

Pam

October 31, 2012 10:32 PM

Well put Nikeros and Sidthekid. This kid has some talent, but he is just a kid and in shark invested waters no less. I seriously question the motivations of some people on here! Having said that, he'll probably turn out to be a tool like most of the other riders in motogp.

Sidthekid

November 01, 2012 6:34 PM

@ Tetley

I didn't say commentating was easy. But it's a lot easier and way more enjoyable than 99% of the jobs us regular folk do to put bread on the table. However that is not my point. My point was that they proceeded, rather predictably in their case, to criticise a youngster for reacting a certain way in a situation about which they know not all of the facts. It is my opinion that they were wrong to do so.

And as for styles of commentary and filling airtime, Jack and Jamie commentate for six hours straight on a BSB race day, and they are infinitely more entertaining than the fortnightly sermons Toby and Jules like to inflict upon us with unerring regularity.

Anonymous - Unregistered

November 02, 2012 11:45 PM

I like Steve Day commentating, especially on WSBK with Neil Hodgson. Didn't like Troy Corser's attempts, he was so monotone and Steve had to keep prompting him. Steve also did a good job on the one or two GP's he's done.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

November 03, 2012 11:48 AM

Everyone has their tastes, I suppose. I personally thought that both Jules and Toby do a creditable job. At least, they did when I watched MotoGp thru Eurosport (which I don't know now, only thru Motogp.com whose commentators are themselves quite alright, I suppose).

I had to say what I just did, just so that wouldn't be perceivable as universal such distaste on Jules and Toby's commentanting skills and performances.

turnip - Unregistered

November 04, 2012 9:44 AM

agree with the poster who said Steve Day was excellent, pair him with Jules all the time and its much more of a nice atmosphere, rather than the obvious but unsaid dislike between Jules and Moody. Moody should stick to BTCC, as cars are obviously his first love.

« 1 2 3  »