MotoGP » Rossi: 'Emotional' Sunday, 'can’t wait' for Tuesday

"It will be very, very interesting on Tuesday to try to understand which level I can achieve with the M1 and what feeling after two difficult seasons... I can't wait" - Valentino Rossi.

Codger

November 09, 2012 1:11 PM

@ Slide Rules....very funny.
I wasn't excusing Rossi, I was saying Nicky will probably beat him. I didn't mention anything about winning the race, and I certainly didn't bring Casey into it. Why do you have to?

Marc - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 2:48 PM

Racer totally agree with you about a rider gelling with a bike because if he isn't comfortable and confident that the bike will do what he needs at specific points and times on the track he won't do well. I'll give Rossi credit for pushing Ducati to move away from the monocoque chassis that didn't work and to move to a more conventional frame that they have a lot of technical catch-up to do until they can get the whole bike to work. However please stop making Stoner look like a genious on the Duc because other than the 1st year where they won the championship he progressively did worse every following year. Granted he won some races before he left but that didn't guarantee that he would have won any in 2011 or 2012 if he stayed.

Marc - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 2:53 PM

Guess who I think you're right that Lorenzo isn't happy that Rossi is coming back but as you noted Yamaha is very happy he's coming back for sponsorship and development. If you look at Lorenzo's year he's lucky that he most consistent because if Pedrosa wasn't knocked down in one race and didn't push too hard due to pressure in the last race the season may have ended differently and if Stoner didn't have so many issues this season he'd be pushing for the championship as well. But all that said he did what was needed to win and deserves the championship.

Marc - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 3:05 PM

Codger thanks for the quote from Hayden regarding Rossi as that goes to show Nicky's character. While he's not the most talented rider in the paddock he's gained my respect for being a hard worker, a team player and good employee respectful to his team-mates and to his team/factory. I wasn't much of a fan of his in his AMA days or early MotoGP days but I know appreciate and respect his effort and consistency. While I don't think he'll ever be close to competing for another championship in GP he makes a good teammate that puts in the time and effort.

Marc - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 3:46 PM

Locks I think that guys like Hayden are needed as they are fan favorites, work hard, and don't embarrass themselves or the team. Plus the team likes them because they're nice and helpful even if not competitive. How do you think Edwards survived so long in GPs but at least to Hayden's credit he won a championship.

Marc - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 3:51 PM

DJ as #2 rider Rossi won't get the same stuff as JLo unless he starts winning but should get enough to be competitive. Nigel good points about other riders likely twitching as Rossi returns to yam.

Reezal - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 4:57 AM

Actually I had a hope that rossi will return to Honda, I think it will be a better show for all the fsns if he fight Lorenzo on a different bike,... but as a great rider, I think Rossi has His own consideration to rejoin yamaha team,...!

« 6 7 8 9 10 11  »