MotoGP » Rossi: 'Emotional' Sunday, 'can’t wait' for Tuesday

"It will be very, very interesting on Tuesday to try to understand which level I can achieve with the M1 and what feeling after two difficult seasons... I can't wait" - Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

DB8

November 09, 2012 9:57 AM

What will be seen as a successful test? I'm not expecting him to top the time sheets but he HAS to be AT LEAST within .5 second of the top time and ahead of marquez.

Am I right?

i knew it - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 10:23 AM

@Rossi's coming back

I see both your ears steaming up hot that u overlooked the words I put in then missed the point.not my fault.beside,I didn't say Honda RCV 2011 was a bad one.that is your own illusion,man!.
what do u think Casey would have been capable to if he had had men like Jeremy B & Carmelo that can help change the rules to Casey's liking anytime anywhere,or ocean of money to have Bridgestone's engineers make his desired tyres for long lasting power slidings instead of half race distance ones?.He could have disappeared into the horizon checking the finish lap b'fore the second position riders could see him every week in and out.
U get it? No?

Lets be objective... - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 10:33 AM

@i knew it

I think that implying that JB has the influence to change the rules is stretching things a bit too far. Nor do i suspect that he would, even if he could. He seems to be a fair dinkum straight talking engineer type of bloke to me.

i knew it - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 10:54 AM

@Let's be objective
my mistake not to put a proper punctuation between those two influencial men which should have led to different context.I was thinking the same as u do.since I can't edit it,so be it!.
Thank u very much for correcting me.do appreciate it!

Dread1977 - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 11:06 AM

Im fairly certain most people who comment on here dont even ride motorbikes!! having myself gone from honda to kawasaki to suzuki and back to kawasaki I can say hand on heart that only one of the 3 bikes suited my riding style.. The Kawasaki was the only one of the 3 I felt i can push, the others just did not inspire the same confidence... all 3 were on the same tires, same roads too so it boils down to feel... thats where Rossi is at, he never got the feel of the Duke, bulk, positioning, feedback all change and after so long on the M1 its no wonder he struggled to adjust.. good luck on the Return to Yam Vale... I hope all will shut up once you post decent times at the post race test!!

Codger

November 09, 2012 11:38 AM

With thanks to GP0ne, Nicky's take on Rossi:-

"........I was his teammate at both Honda and Ducati, in two very different situations, and I must say that he is a class act. Especially the way he dealt with our difficulties in these years, not many riders with his level of success would have done the same. It's also not right that some have said he isn't tying.(sic) Just look at how many times he has crashed, a rider crashes when he is pushing to the limit and beyond, trying to improve."

Nicky likes Valencia and Rossi doesn't so the race may well go Hayden's way. Besides Rossi has the Yam on his mind.

Bad Memoir - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 11:45 AM

"f next year he gets beaten up by his teammate (again),
his career will lose lots of shiny yellow...

impressive record results will remain, but talks about advantages and favoritism from bikes, media and GP organization will put a big shadow on him."

Humans arent' given quantities. They change over time. What was 2001 Rossi may be very different from 2013 Rossi. It's 12 years apart. Even if he finishes last in every race, the fire and talent burning through him throughout his career up to 2009 is undeniable. No questionable "favouritism" can account for so many victories and championships.

sort it out - Unregistered

November 09, 2012 11:50 AM

@ Marikson:

I would agree with your probabilities analysis only I would change the numbers between Pedrosa and Lorenzo. Pedrsosa's form as of lately is frightening and I can't but guess that Honda may have achieved a major breakthrough with their bike.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »