MotoGP » Dovi curious about Ducati MotoGP debut

“I'm curious for Tuesday's test. However my feet are on the ground and the situation is that we will have to work on the bike” – Andrea Dovizioso.

Seagull - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 6:22 AM

Apart from what he already knows about the duke, I believe Dovi's been learning and asking around a lot..
I just wanna wish him good luck.. He absolutely knows better what he's doing than i, a mere mortal..

samas

November 10, 2012 6:31 AM

@Never say never.
The bike is fast enough it just needs the right pilot my money's on Crazy Joe,first and Dovi next,I can't see Nicky getting much better and as for Spies well at the moment he's a bit of an unknown. I hope he proves me wrong as I would love to see Ducati up there.

SwissJudge

November 10, 2012 6:50 AM

Some may say that Dovi is the best of the rest...

But I dissagree. Dovi just has a different attitude to racing which is, play by the unwritten rules of sportsmanship. If Dovi did it like Rossi and Lorenzo then he would probably have been WC by now.

Dovi does not regularly block pass like Rossi and does not block other riders down the straights, like Lorenzo. He does not have a massive weight advantage like Pedrosa and he does not have a mouth he can't control like Stoner.

The good guy of motoGP.

gorbachov - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 7:50 AM

Dovi, like most of the others do not get alot of choice on which bikes they get to ride for the season ,(all would like a factory honda or yamaha ) but if you cannot win on any other bike you just as well get the best paying ride , which for dovi I suspect Ducati is the best deal on offer ! It must be worth a try and good luck to him ( I still feel he deserved the factory yamaha !!)

Stu - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 7:57 AM

Dovi's style might just suit the Ducati. He is good on the brakes and powers out the corners. When compared to Cal this year who seems to power through the corner.

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 8:13 AM

Dovi, in my opinion is one of the most technically inclined riders in the whole paddock, I personally like his interviews between sessions or press debriefs because they tend to be on the technical side of things, not only on his bike but riders around him, he watches very closely, he benefited big time this year by watching Lorenzo ride the M1, he was the only other Yamaha rider that could be consistently fast (no disrespect to Cal, he also did pretty good)If Ducati get thier heads out of their a$$es he could turn things around, I am under the impression that Rossi is going to want to make a point and prove Ducati wrong and Ducati is going to want to make Rossi look bad by actually making that unrideable thing somehow faster, Mark my words, Dovi will be faster than Rossi ever was on the Duc, That's is just the way is going to play out.

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 8:28 AM

and @bilance
You are wrong on your first comment, it has to do everything with the bike!! A lot of people including me give Stoner a lot of credit for his Ducati heroics, but lets be realistic here and admit that the current POS duc is just a remote resemblance of the already decaying bike Stoner was riding at the end of 2010. Rossi and Burgess were very wrong by discrediting Stoner, and Karma is a Beotch as we all saw these past couple of years, I take my hat off to all the current Duc riders that refrained themselves from a public breakdown because of the bike from Rossi to Barbera, Abraham and the "workhorse" Hayden, but also hats off to Duc because right or wrong they are still committed to the sport despite the lack of results and support and the constant criticism. By the way I'm a Lorenzo fan, but can't turn my eyes on the obvious.

Hemmy - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 9:27 PM

@ Never Say Never......

You say it's was a 'no brainer' for Dovi to stay with tech 3 for podiums rather than mid pack at Ducati?

Well, even if he does only perform as well as Rossi in the midfield, have you ever considered that it was not just 'getting back on factory equipment' that clinched the deal?

Maybe the difference between 570,000 Euro's and 2.7m Euro's has something to do with it.

So who can blame him.

It may not have worked out well for Rossi, but who knows what Dovi can do with Ducati?

They gave Rossi a shot and he failed to live upto expectations. The difference here is that after Rossi was unable to keep the Ducati at the front like in previous years, Dovi may just have what it takes to do it. Hopefully the damage done in 2011/2012 is not fatal for Ducati's hopes.

« 1 2 3 4  »