MotoGP » 'Legend' Stoner ends MotoGP career on the podium

“My team are like my second family, we've been through a lot of ups and downs together and it's going to be difficult not to see them every week” – Casey Stoner.

Seagull - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:06 AM

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.. And i posted a comment on one of crash.net's threads a week or so ago, saying that my greatest of all time rider is Hailwood. And for me, eventhough Stoner only has 2 gp titles, he's my second Hailwood. And with regard to the 'legend' status, i guess nothing wrong with that. Imo he deserved it. And to the naysayers, they're all entitled to their own opinion, but one thing i know is that Stoner never asked to be dubbed a legend himself, right? :)
Thank you, Casey Stoner! It's been a privilege and a great for me to watch you in motogp. All the best with your family and your future.. You'll be missed by true motogp fans...and i'll look forward to your return.. :)

Thanks Casey. - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:06 AM

Cya Casey, have a great retierment. Enjoy it you deserve it. I will miss seeing you at Phillip Island. Moto GP will be alot poorer for not having you there.All the best to you and yours.

meatlovers - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:12 AM

whether like him or not
he will be missed

some people said he's moaner
but i said he has the ball to say it out loud when everyone else doesnt

people will miss his unique riding style
the way he leans the bike over the corner its ... different with others

I HOPE U AND VALE CAN BE A GOOD BUDDY
COS I LIKE U BOTH !!!!

Legend of the fall - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:36 AM

I suspect that many on this site commenting must be boys .........my father is bigger than your father I can Piss further than You comments ...........Stoner woke up to the truth as all you boys will eventually the world is run by Greed and Money ........Greedy Men don't Care Sadly that destroyed Casey And I greatly respect him For his Decision (Men Make decisions)to move on as his heart is no longer in it .
You notice that all the true champions move on
for all that missed seeing the style and Skill of Stoners Riding who still waste there life Bagging out a very successful and driven young man....Living your life through Rossi is just a waste
Learn to get a life relax and Enjoy Stoner is way ahead of you.............)

Thanks for the Memories - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:50 AM

Why all the vitriol?(That is smack talk for the gen 'Y' and 'i'ers among us!)

These men put their lives on the line on a weekly basis in the pursuit greatness and our entertainment. How dare a bunch of never been keyboard jockeys sit in judgement of any of them.

Stoner has the most RAW talent seen in motogp as stated by his peers. 2 championships and 38 wins. Nobody wins all the time in this aliens era. MotoGP legend absolutely.

Rossi is a living legend. 7 Motogp championships is proof beyond a doubt and he promoted our sport almost single handedly to a wider audience. I feel for him that his Ducati stint has tarnished his legacy and now he feels he has to hang on longer than he should. Motgp legend. Absolutely

Lorenzo, what a racer. Metronome like consistency and I am sure more championships to come.Future Motogp legend. Absolutely.

Pedrosa. Immensly talented but has proven to crack under pressure when it counts and no Motogp championship means he cannot be spoken in this esteeme

Thanks for the Memories - Unregistered

November 12, 2012 3:56 AM

Pedrosa Continued - Esteemed company. I hope he gets it together and wins in coming years. Motogp legend? Not yet.

If you idolise one rider , why is it necessary to rubbish his opponents and their acheivements?

We have witnessed a golden era of MotoGP. Simply say thanks and be on your way.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »